Just curious, anyone here taking Enalapril?

Just curious I just read something about a study on rats with enalapril,and their pancreases. I’ve been taking it for years.

I’m curious to know if there are or how many people here is taking enalapril
for blood pressure, like I said, I read a report that studied the effects of the med on rats specificly their pancs. Also I’m trying to find all the crap that has a potential to inflame my panc. For example, I’m supposed to be on a asprin regiment, but now my spec. tells me not to take rhem. And what about caffeine? Is that why I can’t eat chocalate? etc,etc,etc,

What is your specific question?

Hughie, I don’t know anything about enalapril. But I have been told to stay away from caffeine also. Chocolate has caffeine in it. I do drink decaf. tea. I don’t like coffee so don’t have any experience with decaf coffee.

Here is the rule of thumb that I use for pain relievers:
Acetameniphen is ok anytime.
Ibuprofen and aspirin are not allowed one week before a procedure. I’ve never been told not to take them. I don’t take them in case I end up in the ER.
I don’t take anythng the week before a scheduled procedure including acetameniphine. I never been told not to take actemen. but I would rather be safe.

As for your aspirin regimen you need to give your spec. telephone number to the doctor that wants you to take aspirin and let them decide what is best between them. Don’t try to be the go between. Let them hammer it out.

Hope this helps.

Vonnie

I hope that helps.

Vonnie

Just a reminder, acetaminophen is not good anytime if you have liver issues. People need to be careful with Ibuprofen as well as it can cause renal failure very quickly if overdosed even once. WRT aspirin regimen, can I assume they mean 1 baby aspirin (81mg) per day? Is it for blood thinning? Being on enalapril, I would venture to guess that is why. Enalapril is just one of the long list of high blood pressure meds used (it is a calcium channel blocker). Check on line for a good pancreatic diet. Remember to KEEP HYDRATED. This is probably the easiest thing to do to ward off the dreaded flare. Pancreatic patients require a ton more fluid than the normal person (45cc/kg/day). So if you weigh 70kg (150lbs), you would need 13 8oz glasses a day. Yeah, baby, that is a lot but if it keeps the evil spirits away, do it.

good luck

Teresa