Chronic Pancreatitis - suggestions for pain relief

My son has had chronic pancreatitis for 2 years yet he is not a diabetic. Any suggestions for pain relief would be appreciated. He is on a high dosage of narcotics at this time and hates it.

Something that I have found that helps to take my mind off of the pain (and the depression caused by it) is a computer game that one of my doctors suggested.  It’s called “The Journey to the Wild Divine”.  It is hard to explain all of it but, it is a biofeedback game.  It teaches you deep breathing and relaxation.  It is somewhat expensive, but it is cheaper then several sessions with a therapist.  I often use it when I am in alot of pain and can’t sleep.  Here’s their web site www.wilddivine.com, I bought the game at Whole Foods.  I can give you more info if you want it. It’s just something I’ve found when the meds just are not enough. 

Thank you for your response. My son currently will play video games as well so I will tell him about this one. He is currently in the hospital so I’ll wait until he is released and see if he is interested. He has gotten himself off all pain medication twice int he last year and hates taking it but can’t avoid it most of the time. He is back to very high doses of morphine and oxycodone. Thank you again for your input. I wish you the best and will add you to our prayer list.