CP & Depression anyone?

I’ve had Cp for over 10 years. Does anyone else fight or have depression??
I was given a list of antioxidants to help with CP and it is really helping!! Let me know if you are interested in the list and I’ll send it to anyone. I hope it helps everyone that tries it. It is the best relief I’ve had in 10 years. I still have problems with CP, but not as bad.

Yes, please send the list. I saw a list on the NPF site yesterday. I had planned on going back and looking that up again.

I have had CP since the early 90’s, but it didn’t get serious until 2001. I do get depressed. I find it helps to keep busy and as active as possible. When my mind and body are occupied I do better. But I also have times when I am so exhausted that I can’t do anything but sit. I fight with exhastion a lot. Does anyone else?

Vonnie

vonnie,

oh my gosh, as this dreadful disease progresses the exhaustion only seems to get worse! we fight so much pain and nausea and it also is just part of the symptoms of it. the heat has been kicking my but, i have been so flared, i always blame it on the heat as it seems when it gets real hot boom i am a gonner i know i do not tolerate heat at all, i use to love to be in the sun and get brown, i do tan at the salon now, it makes my bones and muscles feel good along with the mental, but after i get out my cp really acts crazy! well just wanted you to know you are NOT alone in the exhaustion, when you have those days, the best thing to do is not fight it or push your body, just stop relax read and sleep !

julie

Hi Volup, How are you doing? it’s been a long time :frowning: I have fought with depression for years, but just here in the last month I am so tired I can’t stand it!!! I have been struggling with my platelets again, and had blood work done for my GI, looking to see if I have any blockage in the pancreas duc. I don’t know how they can tell through the blood, but still waiting hear back :frowning: I put puzzles together that really keeps my mind busy ;-). I put my card table up in the living room, and listen to my music, maybe try this…Ok ready for bed again, just got up from a 3 hours nap and ready for bed. Big Hug, and all my thoughts and prayers…Love, Barb :wink:

It sounds like summer is tough on a lot of people. I am struggling with muscle weakness right now. I go for little walks with a friend of mine 2-3 times a week. But walking up all the stairs in and around my house is hard some days.

I need to go to the dr., but my co-pay is pretty high and I am quite frankly tired of going to the dr. I don’t feel like I’m at the point that I need to do so but will when it is time.

I’ll be praying today for all of you.

Keep the Faith and God Bless,
Vonnie

vonnie,

just do not feel alone in this, the exhaustion, muscle weakness, depression it just all goes hand in hand with it along with all the pain and nausea and everything else joyous about this disease ! i have been hurting so damn bad i think i am crippled ! i have been told fibromyalgia sets in from traumatic illnesses, who knows all drs. seem to each have their own theory and ideas on this baffling disease ! have a great night

julie

Well Hello Julie :wink:
Long time no hear? How the heck are you? You are so right about the doctors=
! OMG I went for lab yesterday, and I dropped like 38,000 so that made my p=
latelet count 31K but the doctor don’t want me to get Win-Rho treatments (I=
V) drug, because of the chance of getting immune to it which would suck! An=
d they wonder why we have depression!!! The other option for me is to get s=
hots weekly, and bone marrow biopsy monthly, I said oh hell no, had that do=
ne ONE time, and Never Again! OUCH! My daughter went with me and told the =
fill in doctor just what she thought, she is her mothers daughter lol The =
fill in doctor said low platelets don’t make you tired, and she said I real=
ly don’t see tapikie (red spots) all over I was like whatever! she also sai=
d that my allergy meds. could cause the tiredness, funny thing I told my da=
ughter that I haven’t taken any of my allergies meds in over 2 weeks! go fi=
gure that one! I also told her that I have been having pancreas flare ups a=
lot lately, and she said well you can take that up with Dr. H. OMG just w=
ant to scream!!! Ok enough already! Hello to all and I hope you all have a =
wonderful fourth and can get out and watch them at least :wink: Good Night sw=
eet dreams…Big Hugs and Thoughts of you…With all my love, MrsBarb/Barb=
:wink:
Keep in touch my careplace/firefly family

Hi Vonnie,
I think your right summer has taken a hold of a lot of us, I have been so darn tired I could sleep for a week and still be tired! Maybe the heat, maybe from CP/ACP who knows! I too am sick of going to doctors all the time it does add up quick! My husband takes out pre-taxed dollars for co-pays and prescriptions and we always run out 6 months into the year :frowning: he even upped the amount this year and still ran out! we can’t afford to take out anymore hell it’s already $850.00 per year. I do have SSD, and Medicare Hospital which helps a lot, I stopped paying for medical through the social security because that was 97 bucks a month. My husbands Ins. is really good so that helps us, thank goodness! Ok I sure hope you get some energy soon, me too lol…take care and have a happy and safe 4th…Big Hugs and Thoughts, With all my love, MrsBarb/Barb :wink:

Hi,
I would love if you could send the list to me. Depression is something that I’ve struggled with for quite some time. Please forward to Sossa42@msn.com.
Much appreciated