Decompression

My grandaughter ( due on 25th Oct) is having decompression & surgery. could someone explain the decompression to me as I am not sure what they mean by this.
Kind Regards, Pauline

Here is my experience with decompression:

The first time they used just a tube down his throat with low suction that sucked everything out.

The second time Jaden had a tube down his throat and one up his rectum.

I didn’t remember the term so I didn’t respond this morning but after reading xian’s post it hit me. Danielle had that before her surgery to keep it all from getting infected and such. She had a tube down her throat. They did one rectal to but I was not in the room for that. The tube in her throat stayed for a couple of days though. It was a tiny tube with a container at the end to catch things. After her ostomy we had to do a flush too one time. This time they went in her fistula and cleaned her out ( this is a second whole they sometimes put on the other side of the ostomy). This will keep chances of infections down on your grandbaby. That is if I am correct in what deceompression is hon. It has been awhile now, Danielle is five now. Hugs to you, Gen