Confused

Does anyone drink to help the pain of Depression

Thank You Please stay in touch

Please remember, everyone here on this site has an awful, awful lot they are dealing with in their personal lives. Most of us are trying to relate to, and help, several people at once… it is not always easy to keep in touch with everyone you would like to keep in touch, or have the time and energy to take care of everything, and everyone, hang in there, okay? But also know we have to be responsible for ourselves, even with the support of others.

TERRY, I’M SORRY FOR NOT HAVING READ YOUR PROFILE AND NOT HUGGING YOU…CONSIDER THIS A HUG AND A PRAYER FOR YOU. DEPRESSION IS A TERRIBLE FEELING THAT SEEMS TO LOOM OVER YOU BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU ARE WORTHLESS IN ANY WAY, AS I HAVE SHARED WITH OTHERS IN THIS COMMUNITY ALL OF US ARE WORTH MUCH ESPECIALLY IN GOD’S EYES (MATHEW 10:29-31). PLEASE, CONSIDER ME ONE OF YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU SO DESIRE. SINCERELY, LUVLOSTREGAINED

Thanks LUVLOSTREGAINED I never was much of a drinker till my Depression hit me and I tried it for awhile and then quit I tried to invite you to be my friend but couldn’t find out how to do it. Thanks again for replying Terry

hi Terry i am a drinker and since i have been going thru depression i havent been drinking as much since for me when i do i tend to get even lower and thats when thoughts of suicide start to come into my thoughts. So i tend to not drink when my days are low, but when im having a good day i’ll drink a little not much. I do have to admit last night i did drink and i was on a low but thanks to my friends i didnt do anything stupid, i know that my friends here would have been hurt for what i did so i didnt do it. All my friends help me out everyday to get thru my depression and it helps to know that they all care. bigD

Terry, you have to write something in your story to help people get to know you. And read theirs. As far as I know, drinking is a depressive substance. You have to try something that makes you feel BETTER, not worse. I listen to fun music, or call my daughter who will always listen to me, or talk to great people on Careplace.

I only drank for a very short period of time I am not very good at drinking plus it made the depression much worse
As far as my profile I am working on it Thanks

~ No drinking for me! I used to drink but have found it’s not conducive my depression, anxiety or the medications I’m on – not to mention weight management. Drinking and taking antipsychotic medications is a lethal cocktail and is not recommended! ~ hugs ~