Emdr

Without going into too much detail, I want to share that 5 months of EMDR sessions have been of great benefit to me. I’m nearing the end of the process now, and can say all the emotional suffering that went with years of repetitive trauma resulted in me feeling stuck in feelings, thought processes and “headspace” that were negatively impacting my life.

The improvement is glaringly substantial !

I highly recommend it to anyone who feels the quality of their emotional life is due to traumatic experiences in childhood or any other time in their life.

blushes, look embarrassed at own stupidity and asks – What is “EMDR”?

I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING. NO BIG DEAL.

http://www.careplace.com/forum/topic/3101?from=search#28094

1 hour ago, DREEN wrote:

I would appreciate if this could be a respectful thread.  Thank you.

NOBODY IS DISRESPECTING ANYONE. EVERYTHING SEEMS TO HAVE INITIALS. WE ALL DON’T KNOW WHAT EVERYTHING IS.

Your so right. It’s impossible to know what all the abreviations for everything is.

The abbreviations means…Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, which should have been put down since most of us don’t know what it means, and that would have have let all of us into the conversation.

You have a nice day ThePhoenieXXXXXX.

Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a form of psychotherapy that was developed to resolve symptoms resulting from disturbing and unresolved life experiences.

You will notice in the copy and paste below that I bolded the "no big deal", which I felt certain would be noticed as the part I found might be a dig.  I had no problem leaving the link I did since it was a topic of this forum awhile ago, and felt you'd all be more comfortable reading your own member's contribution to the discussion earlier than me writing reams about what it is.

I only asked that this thread not become full of digs and disrespect as others I had participated in the past had been.  Thats all. 

As Dreen could see from my initial post, to me it rather is quite a big deal, a really positive big deal, and I felt it might be of benefit to share that with people on this forum, some of whom seem chronically depressed and have hinted at past trauma, and present forms of crises, and who in the past have asked about EMDR.

If its not of interest to you,I certainly wont be upset if you carry on to another thread that is, theres no need to get rude.  I post things respectfully to others.  Again, as in the past weeks I am requesting the same respect be forwarded to me, thats all.

So by all means, lets all have a nice day (said with warmth, not sarcasm). 

http://www.careplace.com/forum/topic/3101?from=search#28094

1 hour ago, DREEN wrote:

I would appreciate if this could be a respectful thread.  Thank you.

THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION. LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY. I APPRECIATE THE INFO. I JUST WISH CP MEMBERS WOULD USE THE ACTUAL NAME SO WE DO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. ALL I KNOW IS ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION. OTHER THEN THAT. INTIALS MEAN NOTHING TO ME SO IT IS HARD TO UNDERSTAND WHAT CP MEMEBERS ARE TALKING ABOUT. THANKS AGAIN.

THE NO BIG DEAL WAS FOR CHECQUERS TO LET HIM KNOW HE IS NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESN’T KNOW ALL THE INITIALS. YOU TOOK IT THE WRONG WAY. I AM NOT DOING THIS WITH YOU FOR THE 100TH TIME. LIKE BON SAID I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY AND I LEARNED SOMETHING NEW TODAY.

I dont want there to be disrespect again either, hence me asking that there be none.

thats all Dreen.

THERE IS NONE AND THERE WAS NONE INTENDED. HAVE A GREAT DAY .

I would rather there be no disrespect either.

Quite a few are having a hard time at this time of year.

I am quite please that you are happy with the results from your EMDR ThePhoeniXXX. I think that is wonderful. You posting it here can help someone else that might have been wondering about it.

I was not being sarcastic as I told you to have a nice day, I hope you do have a nice day. I have had too many bad ones lately. I also knew immediately when I read the simple line that Dre wrote “no big deal” what she meant, a simple word to Checq, just what she said. She meant no disrespet to you.

Again, Have a nice day ThePhoenixxx!!!

In my area, when there is conflict between people, and one says “its no big deal” or “have a nice day”, its a way of being dismissive(afterall, why say it to me everytime you post something to me - 4 times in total just in this thread alone, when you hadnt to others in other posts?), like F OFF, but with such sarcastic sweetness the person can claim “what??? I didnt mean anything by it”. I live in southern Ontario, very close to north-eastern states where I assume the same applies, but who knows, maybe it doesnt, in which case I make mistakes like everyone else, and am always glad to have things clarified.

I am very aware how the upcoming holiday season makes things harder and more sensitive for everyone, as well as the dark, wet, cold months make a lot of moods dark, wet and cold. As before, I have no intention of creating any stress for you, or have anyone else create any for me. Hence my very clear boundaries. I treat others with respect, I demand it for myself too, in order to keep offences to a minimum.

I appreciate you both taking the time to clarify your statements, especially since there has been such rancorous communication and ill will between us previously. If for no other reason, its probably even MORE important that we be careful in the language we choose to use so that misunderstandings dont continue to happen.

In the little I’ve read over the last few weeks I understand some of the difficulties, crises and losses both of you have experienced this year, that would make your holidays even more poignant than usual.

Me too.

so peace be with us all.

and PS. EMDR for anyone who is curious, is worth a Google. My particular EMDR therapist’s specialty is working with people who suffer from post traumatic stress; rape victims, Rwandan refugees among others, and I hear it is beneficial for many returning soldiers.

I know in the past some forum members were asking if anyone had any experience with EMDR because they were considering pursuing it.

In the interest of not letting others help recreate an issue for as Dreen put it “the 100th time”, how about this? If there is STILL interest or curiousity about EMDR on this forum, people can feel free to PM me about it. I’d be just as happy to continue the discussion there.

thanks everyone

http://www.careplace.com/picture/34909?u=15351