ERCP DRs lack of comoassion..importance of pain Management

Hi,

My name is Carolyn BLoom …my profile is listed under Ms. Bloom at .

This is a letter Isent today to someone who I think went ot the sam e Dr. O go to and is fweeling very discouraged. I have had acute pancreatitis for 30 years and been chronic for 10…nearly 40 years. Please read my story and we can talk further.

I’m fairly sure I go to the same DR. at UCSF and have had similar experiences which I would be happy to talk with you about. YOu can get my whole story by reading my profile but we can talk further by phone if you’d like…

The ONLY way to live with cp is having good pain management. I always end up staying in the hosptial for a week after an ERCP to dilate my stricture (which is my problem as a result of a DR in NYC not taking a stent out 10 years ago when it slipped). I have learned how to deal with the guy at UCSF who is as good as they come tho abrupt …these guys DONOT want to deal with pain…you MUST go to a pain Dr. I have an excellent one up here in ST Helena who was trained at UCSF bu the pain clinic at UCSF is also excellent. I had several celiac blocks which didn’t work…you’re lucky they worked for you… I live on fentaly pathes. fentanyl pops (800mcg.) and for lesser pain dilaudid 4mg.

Let’s talk. Also anyone else who wants to talk can contact me and I will forward my phone number…

Carolyn (Ms. bloom)