Generic wellbutrin xl

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has tried the generic form of Wellbutrin?  I was on it for a couple of months and was really feeling great.  When I went to fill my script on Friday the gave me the generic one.  By Sunday I was starting to feel like the same ol' Jesica.  I just called the Doc, but she was out for the day.  I was just wondering if anyone has had good or not so good luck with it.  Thanks for reading and have a great day, Jesica

I tried it and was a raging loonitic (sp). On the other hand Wellbutrin and it’s generic work just dany for my hubbies depression but he takes the SR not the XL.

i wouldn’t think there should be too much difference between the two…but if you are noticing such a difference please call your doc and get it changed…don’t wait!

I’m on generic celexa,and no more side effects.I am doing quite well on my med and there ain’t no shame in having to take meds just to be normal.good luck on yours. Hope they work for you and at least there is hope for all of us.BIG HUGS TO YOU TOO

All,

I am on generic Well. and I didnt notice much of a difference, the chemical make-up is much the same for generic meds, the difference is the fillers and binders they use to adhese the chemicals together. That is what my Dr. told me. I read the ingredients for them, he was right.  If youi have doubts you can get a copy of the Physician's Desk reference at any bookstore, or local library.  Just look up the drug, and it will give you alist of chemicals that have more letters than chinese-japanese-russian and you wont be able to pronounce them, but just compare them to you med, you can see the differences there.

the main ingredient which is the active ingredient whould be listed near the first of the list much like a food label.

Hope that helps.

Clover...over

aries~ ask your pharmacist about it and call your insurance company.  Maybe you can get brand for cost of generic.

Rachel

Just a bit of information I got.  I am on generic wellbutrin SR.  From what I am told, the SR works much better than the XL. (Yes, there are two formats of this!)  I am on BUPROPION SR as so is my wife.  We both agree that our state of mind is more consistent with less depression and less mood swings. I myself, feel much less anxiety and I would just as soon stay on this stuff.  Even life at work has gotten “smoother”. 

my best friend has been on both without difference. i was on (knockoff) and had a four day-on the floor-want to die anyway so the pain will stop-migraine. stopped taking it after that!