Has anyone had box for gastastroparesis?

Hi Monday I am having a MRCP I pray it will saw the problems I am having.

I am so naseas and have pain i can’t eat so I’m living on Boost, ginger-ale, crackers, jello, cup a soup.

The doctor is thinking of doing a endoscopy and give my botox in the stomach to aid in the stomach emptying has anyone had that done ? Did it help? I hope everyone is having a little better day , less pain.

Kathie

Hi, Kathy…

I have gastroparesis pretty badly (partly due to a genetic condition and partly to a spinal injury–

But the docs did use Botox to try to take the place of stents for both my biliary and pancreatic ducts. It was done via an ERCP but it was the one ERCP I didn’t flare barely at all from. The Botox may or may not have helped-- it was hard to tell after a few days and the next flare- but it didn’t hurt anything really either, which was the good part. The doc had told me that only a few docs are doing this and that at least there wouldn’t be any bad reaction to the Botox. It was guesswork, though, as to how much Botox to use, where exactly to put it, etc. since there’s so little of this done so far and very little research.

I once before had a GI doc who was going to try Botox in my esophagus area due to esophageal spasms, but opted out and just tried dilating it first.

At least we won’t have wrinkles in our GI tracts!!!

All the best and many hugs,

Lisa