Heller Myotomy

For those of you that have had a heller myotomy and toupet, has anyone ever had to have the procedure done more than one time? Thanks for your feedback.

I am out of the office until Wednesday, April 30th, BUT I will be checking e-mail while I am away from the office. If this is an emergency, please contact Mark Peterson at 845-567-5759. Or you can call me on my cell phone 914-399-1555. Thanks!

Hi,

I have had a redo of the myotomy only, something the surgeon thought would be worth a try instead of the removing the “E” prematurely.

HI All,
I had a redo in 2000, before all the hype about removing the “E”. It has worked fine for me so far. It was at KU Med in Kansas City. Drs Richad McCallum and Michael Moncure. REALLY good! (my whole story is on the Yahoo site and the doctors info is in the database)

I still need to find a Gastro (not surgeon) in Germany to work with, but since I broke my shoulder it has become a lower priority.

Blessings,
JC

www.healingcommunities.org

Is it common to need a “re-do”?? I am considering surgery but I am definitely not prepared for a roller coaster ride of additional procedures and surgeries. I have just been recently diagnosed and looking at all the different options. I have an appt in June to see my doc and hopefully decide. For those who had a re-do, what went wrong? Do you think it was the doc’s fault? Also, what is the expected recovery after such a procedure?

First I want to say that, Thank God I had the procedure. I have been able to eat MUCH better than I ever expected. So, it is definitely worth it. I procrastinated for too many years, because I really didn’t want to go under the knife. It was definitely worth it. My gastro doctor told me that I would never need to have the surgery again. Recently, I’ve had a problem albeit rarely, swallowing. So, I am scheduled for an endoscopy. Not sure the why of it. But, I am looking into it. I can tell you the heller mytomy and toupet was DEFINITELY worth it. Do it and don’t worry - it’s worth it.