Hello, my life with depression

Hi I’m new here. I figured I’d introduce myself. I’m 20, from New England, and just returned home from my 3rd and final unsuccessful semester at college. so needless to I’m not in the greatest of moods. Figured I’d give one of these places a try, anyway thanks for your time.

Well Fenderboy I betcha your more enthuseastic when your playing your gitar lol

Well Fenderboy I betcha your more enthuseastic when your playing your gitar lol

Do you do covers or write your own stuff?
maybe you’ll share some of your lyrics if you do write?
Glad you’re here, You’ll like it.

Fenderboy,
I have a 25 year old son with bipolar and we definitely do not think of him as being lazy because he’s not working or going to school. Maybe you are being too hard on yourself. My son was originally diagnosed with depression when he was 15 and continued "living’ his life. But he was diagnosed with bipolar a few years ago and now he only occasionally goes out of the house. But he is working very hard on his life. He is completely cooperative with his therapist, has been trying new meds, adjusts his schedule, as she suggests and thinks about his future. No one will disagree that having bipolar is one of the most difficult things you can have.
I hope that you are in therapy and are on meds and that you have at least one faithful supporter. Good luck to you. I hope you continue to post on the site; you’ll learn a lot and hopefully receive some comfort.

Fender, are you on any type of head meds? They have made a BIG difference in my feelings, thoughts and chronic all-over pain issues. I’m here if you ever wanna chat. :slight_smile:

Thx for the replies :slight_smile: its not that I think I’m being lazy its that thats what other people tell me :confused: I’m currently working with my docs to get my meds worked out. recently tho I either feel blunted, or have extremely intense emotions. but its better than it was, i suppose. In addition to bipolar i have adhd, so i’m on meds for that. have been since i was like six. thx again for the replies :slight_smile:

So what meds are you currently on?

abilify, welbutrin, and strattera.

It appears that you’re not on a medication for bipolar disorder. I’m finally on a good mix: Lamictal, Prozac, Trazodone (the bomb for sleep) and Xanax as needed (anxiety/panic). Ask your doctor to try something for your bipolar disorder. Lamictal has made all the difference in the world for my mood!! Good luck…

i deleted the big ol message i previously had written here. Seems noone cared about me here and ignored it all together.

Thanks alot.

Fender, I do apologize. I just learned the Abilify is for mania of bipolar I. My bad. Are you feeling any better these days?? I haven’t heard from you. Just checkin’.

Hey, well at least you went to college. I’ve got a bunch of credits and no degree. LOL oh AND I’m 27. Beat that.