Hellyer Myotome Aftermath

Hello everyone:
Finally I decided to go for a Heller Myotome. After having two botox treatment; I had an appointment with Dr. Rakitta at the Veterans Hospital in Tampa, Florida. He explained everything about the procedure, wich I had read already and everything matched perfectly. Very young Doctor. I went to surgery the 26th of July. After surgery I had done a barium swallow test, and they to the room. I always thouht that after surgery I was going to feel much better due to the fact that the doctor told me that he had done many Heller Myotomes before. My condition was getting worst. After surgery I had five little incissions in my chest. The one in my right rib cage was very paifull. They were giving me morphine. Days after the pain started to soften a little. I had to do everything in bed. The doctor used to give me frequent check ups. I was given liquid diet only. Then I started to feel the cool liquids falling down in to my stomach. I think I cried and gave thanks to God, because it had been a long time since I didnt have that feeling. Three days passed and on Saturday afternoon I was discharged from the Hospital. The doctor told to stay on a liquid died for two weeks.,and gave me some medication for pain. So Im right here today feeling much better, not throwing out my food or liquids which consists in Jelly, Ensure, oatmeals, flans, soups etc. Next would be more solid foods, but so far everything is fine. I encourage everyone not to panic, find a good experience surgeon. If anyone needs my doctor, I would recommend it. Remember he is at
Tampa Veterans Hospital ( Dr. Rakitta) and he probably does that at other facilities.

Hello, Noel.

I am glad to hear it is getting better for you.

notan

I am glad to hear of your progress. I had a redo on July 30th I am still on a blenderized diet for another week. I go back to see the surgeon on Sept 7th.

Best of Luck! I wish you continued success

Tricia