Is anyone on here for dating?

Lets face it for some of us its hard to date with this disease. Is anyone on here interested at all with dating some of us who have this disease? Ive been on some disability dating sites and there are actually some with our condition listed on there but only a very few are registered to have it. I just figured I would ask.

HELLO IM LOOKING TO MEET SOMEONE FOR DATING AND LONGTERM RELATIONSHIP, IF YOUR INTERESTED CONTACT ME

CHACHAGIRL

wow… Sunshine that’s a brave thing to do. I’m curious to know how you break the news to him. How did you explain all that? What was the atmosphere like? What was his reaction at first? Have he ever told you what kind ot odor u emit? What is it like hanging around together?

Thank you very much for sharing and I appreciate you very much for what you have been to us here. You have been a good support. God bless u.

I know it sucks dating with this condition, but at least I know that my boyfriend really cares for me. I think that you have to truly care for someone in order to be with them knowing that they smell. I told him that my body doesn’t digest alot of meats properly and when my body tries to breakdown the meat sometimes it emits an odor. I know that this is like superhard for all of us, but at least when we find someone we can rest assured that they must truly care for us and its a good feeling to not be alone. I had been single for the last 2 years prior to this relationship b/c of this disorder and my fear of getting close to someone, but I have made up in my mind to no longer let this cause me to be alone. If someone cares enough about me to put up with my stinch then so be it and I suggest you all do the same.

I agree that dating is risky if a person smells bad. I don’t feel comfortable at this point being close to someone of the opposite sex, it could be disastrous. A lot goes into to play when dating. Not only the physical attraction, but the psychological aspects as well. Some of us are already hurting mentally, we are too fragile at this point to go through the experience of being dumped because we smell bad.

good point oscar. i agree, at the same time someone else has a excellent point, its svery comforting being with someone to be able to share this with someone whom can fully understand. ive found someone who can rarely smell me or almost never does. it funny, there are a select few that wont or rarely will be able to smel you or be affected.

Would you mind telling us more about those websites?

one is Enablelove.com and there is another I have to look it up though and get back to you.

I haven’t had any major issues with dating, but it would be great to date someone who has an understanding of what I have to go through on a daily basis. I’m a 26 year old African American female living in Alabama, so if there is anyone from AL or GA feel free to email me.

I have decided not to date until I am financially stable. Unfortunately TMAU has made it difficult to hold a stable job, so I am on hold as it were.

Is it all right to go with another person who has tmau. i mean the chances of your children having the same condition because of it will double wont it. Aint it better to dilute the gene pool

I date someone that can’t smell me either and if i find someone it’s one in a million that doesnt smell me if i find that at all. And whats worse is they dont know i smell.

Dating is such an intimate situation that I don’t think it wise to date until this problem cease to exist. I mean, wouldn’t it be very hurting and an akward situation that the other person can smell u. I would like if others would share their dating experiences. I do have a fiance’ who is away and since I’ve found out about tmau I kept telling him to marry someone else. How can I face him in a condition like this? I pray for a miracle and I hope to get one before he comes home.

Please share your advice. Thank you.

I agree with you as well that it would not be nice to get dumped because of the way you happen to smell. I don’t feel comfortable talking close to people as well as my mind is always thinking about this situation. I want very much to tell my fiance’ about this and what i’ve gone through and the whole tmau thing but can’t find the guts to do so. I’m not afraid that we might not marry but I do not want to be judged my someone whom I love. Can someone please tell me how to tell him.