Lena has had surgery

Lena had 4 hr surgery yesterday, had problem with her heart whilst having surgery, which is ok now. She has a bag, I’m not sure of other details as yet, as she came back to NICU late into the night. Will find out more today. Megan and Neil were talking to DR after I left last night. Although she had many tubes, drips ect attached, she looked peaceful and a good colour, seeing she had just had a long surgery. Thank you for your hugs, messages.

She is in our continued thoughts. I know the next few days will be very rough one for you all. Prayers and hugs to you.

Hi Paulyn,
How is Lena. Did they find out if she has HD. I’m also from Australia. I live in Cairns, Qld.

I have an 8 month old with HD. It wasn’t discovered till after he was born. He had his first operation when he was 3 days old and had a colostomy put in. He had it reveresed when he was 2 1/2 months old and they removed over half the large intestines. I think normally they wait a little longer to do a reversal put they discovered that their were no nerves working in the segement above the colostomy. (Thankfully the colostomy still worked. I guess the breast milk goes straight through them. It probably explains those nights of the baby screaming for hours though). Jais doing alot better now. He is still having some troubles blocking up. But I’m very determined to sort this out.

If you have any questions about anything please just ask. I have a good nappy rash reciepe if you need it. When Jai had his colostomy reveresed he developed a nasty nappy rash.

I hope little Lena is doing well.