New Person with Bipolar

I recently was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. I have been suffering from depression since I was sixteen (13 years). In college I got into a crowd that encouraged drinking. I suddenly started having manic episodes, but assumed they were normal since I was partying with my friends all the time. It never seemed like a problem because I was still able to go to school full time, work, and maintain a high GPA. While in college I unfortunately was sexually assualted which resulted in the down hill sprial of depression. I hated myself and my own family did not beleive me. I then started participating in self injurious behaviors. I managed to get through college with both my BA and MS degrees. I am happily married, but not long after we were married I had to have a full hysterectomy. I immediately was diagnosed with PTSD. Since 2003 I have lived and been treated for PTSD and depression, however, I never felt like I was completely well. This last week I spent in the hospital receiving treatment which included new medications, lots of therapy, and two new diagnoses: Bipolar Disorder and Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (the doctor said this is like OCD, but that you only carry a few of the traits). Now I am home and I am looking for people who understand where I have been and can look with hope to where we are going. I appreciate your support and hope that I can help you as well. God bless!