Nexium side effects? dangers from long term use?

Hi team,

I am curious if anyone has had noticeable side effects from taking nexuim for a long time? I have been taking nexium 2xday (20mg). I am curious if some of the pain I associate to my chronic pancreatitis may be due to the nexium–I understand that long term use can cause abdominal pain, but I am curious how sever that might be.

I am also curious about side-effects form quitting the nexium–I have heard some stories where folks have had severe attacks of reflux and burning for a while after quitting the nexium.

Why do I ask? My Gi claims that my pain may not all be from CP, but also might be from the medications I am taking (including Nexium and Lyrica). Anyone in a similar boat with the nexium, or perhaps the Lyrica. What about other long term side effects? I understand B12 deficiency is common.

Thanks,

ARcher

Archer,

I seems to me that a couple years ago there was a Nexium scare. I had a friend that was on it and they took her off. But I don’t remember too much about it. You might be able to find something about it on the net. Also, I remember her telling me that the med. they put her on did not work as well.

Maybe someone here remembers more.

Vonnie