Overcoming Mutiple dx's

I was dx with borderline personality disorder on top of bp disorder.  I have had a hard time with being labled again.  I struggled for 4 years trying to deal with my bipolar.  Now I have bpd which i was dx back in January.  SOME INSIGHT PLEASE!!!!!

I know exactly how you feel. While I was in the hospital they diagnosed me with borderline personality disorder. Though I can associate with some of the symptoms I find it hard to accept that I may have bpd. I don’t like it and like you do not find it comforting to be labeled once again.

I'm sorry to hear your struggling with your new diagnosis.  I was like that when I was diagnosed with bpII. 

I don't know much about bpd, but I do remember my psychotherapist mentioning 'rule out personality disorder' when she first saw me.  She just read my entire analysis to me last month.   I guess I should look bpd up?  She has since re-diagnosed me with bpII and generalized anxiety disorder.

Can you explain to me what borderline personalitymeans in layman's terms, please?  (not GAD)

Generalized aniexty to me is where u have aniexty for numerous reason maybe a trigger ,a situation your are in ,or going out in public.

I personally have social aniexty disorder.  Cant be around people hardly.  I have to take clonpin 3 times a day.  it helps with outings. and to deal with situations.  I get aniexty when i am around certain people or large crowds sorry i cant be of much more help

Generalized aniexty to me is where u have aniexty for numerous reason maybe a trigger ,a situation your are in ,or going out in public.

I personally have social aniexty disorder.  Cant be around people hardly.  I have to take clonpin 3 times a day.  it helps with outings. and to deal with situations.  I get aniexty when i am around certain people or large crowds sorry i cant be of much more help

I'm sorry, I meant to ask ... what is borderline personality?  Thanks!!

All i know is that there are many personality disorders and they are medically untreatable, historically. The bpd illustrates many symptoms like bipolar, which is why many of us will recieve interchangeable diagnoses... some just guess it seems to me?? They thought i might be, then not, then might? They think they will medicate me a little longer and see if it woerks, if not MAYBE im bpd... or maybe theyu failed in their treatment? AARRGH!!

Sorry, its ugly being labelled, and unfair to do so without educating/explaining what it means??

Anyone can do a personality disorder test online and find they have various probs... its sooo dificult to define and diagnose. And yet to some docs, far too easy??!!

shah u are so right. i have a hard time with it because i alot of symtoms of bpd. i pull my hair. and i self harm. i push people away and dont know how to trust.

katey

I can so NOT trust people.  I’m even suspicious of my hubby.  I used to look at stuff in his computer and things – looking for some clue that he’s not honest with me.  I’m so ashamed to admit this out loud. I guess it comes from seeing the bad things in my parents, friends and ex-relationships.  I don’t know how he puts up with me sometimes.