Question about cymbalta

well here it goes i have been on cymbalta about 2 years my mentle health doctor put me on it…well 2 to 3 weeks ago i had to be taken off it because my live enzymes came back elavated …my question is can you have withdrawl from this med they told me no but i beg to differ…since i have gone off it i dont feel myself i have pain all over my body i dont feel like eating much i just feel terriable basically…please someone tell me i am not loosing my mind here…

thanks,

sherry

Sherry you are definitely not going crazy , cymbalta is well known for being hard to go off of. To get more information go to www.crazymeds.com and type in cymbalta and you can see other peoples posts about the med and their experiences with it . But you are not crazy. I was on cymbalta before too. I wish you the best with whatever med you are on now ! Blessings, Christine

Hello and no you are not crazy. I went only a week without my cymbalta and I thought I was going crazy. I cried, shook, had waves of emotions pour over me. The nurse said usually this doesn’t happen so fast (1 week without pills) but to get back on them. I took my meds one day and by the second I was calming down. I love cymbalta for what it does when i am on it but getting off…whew…

thanks everyone for your replys i will check out that site and c what it has to say about cymbalta…have a great day everyone…

hugs,
sherry

As everyone said YES YES YES. My pdoc and I decided to take me off, so we went down slowly: from 90mg to 60mg, then stayed there for about 2 months Then 60 to 30, and stayed there for another coule of months. Part of the very slow decrease was to make sure i didn’t have any back-sliding with the decrease.

Being a nitwit at times, I decided to drop the last 30mg cold-turkey on my own. THREE DAYS later i had the most horrible near-psychotic experience – no need for details here – TM2RIVER did it perfectly.

It will happen, just a matter of how much and how soon. YMMV.

c.