Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)

HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER JADE. I WILL PRAY FOR YOU FOR A QUICK RECOVERY.

LINDY I HOPE YOU ARE BETTER ALSO. WITH THE HOLIDAYS I BET YOU DO RUN AROUND CRAZY CAUSE YOU GOT THE BABY AND ALL YOUR OTHER CHILDREN TO MAKE THEIR HOLIDAY A SPECIAL ONE. I ADMIRE YOU FOR THAT. I’M SURE THE CHILDREN YOU TEACH DO ALSO.

The Christmas holiday decor is already up in my town.  The stores are all putting up Christmas displays... it's not even Thanksgiving yet..

I can't shop like I use to due to the panic and agoraphobia (it is better but I still haven't done a crowded store)...

So many family members have passed that the holidays become a grim reminder of who is gone and who will go next. 

Jade I'm so sorry you are going through so much right now, I hope it gets easier soon!! 

I have an easier time if I stay away from family just so I can laugh and enjoy without feeling the losses and the differences from when I was a child. 

I miss the smell of leaves burning in small piles in peoples yards, now you can't do that.

There are so many things I miss... 

PEOPLE IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD WENT FROM HALLOWEEN RIGHT INTO XMAS DECORATIONS. IT IS PATHETIC. THE STORES ARE DECORATED. I AM NOT GETTING ANYONE ANYTHING THIS YEAR UNLESS I GET A JOB. THEY ALL UNDERSTAND. I HAVE ALOT OF CRAFT MATERIAL IN MY APARTMENT SO MAYBE I WILL MAKE GIFTS THIS YEAR. SOMETHING THAT COMES FROM THE HEART IS MOR E APPRECIATED THEN SOMETHING STORE BOUGHT. NOT FOR MY SON OF COURSE CAUSE HE IS A 22 YEAR OLD BUT HE IS GOING TO VEGAS IN JANUARY SO HE DON’T CARE. HE ALSO JUST GOT A NEW CAR SO HE DON’T CARE. HE ALSO GAVE ME THE MONEY TO GET MY CAR FIXED SO THAT WILL BE MY XMAS PRESESNT HE SAYS. HE IS TOO FUNNY. BUT HE SAYS HE WILL TAKE CARE OF ME SO THAT IS THE BEST GIFT OF ALL MY SON.

how about knowing I might have to buy books rather than presents maybe I should wrap the school books and give them to them and then tell them to read and take good notes not a bad idea

Yes the holidays bring me down bad every yrar now going on over 15 years now I just hate them but i do like fall and winter .

ThisUSE TO BE the absolute worse time of year for me. I would go into such a deep sorrw as the holidays got closer. The commercials showing happy families gathered together,I can’ t even recall when my family did. The kids racing down to rip open presents that I could never even begin to afford. bringing back past memories that were full of disappointments. To this day my family doesn’t do birthdays or get together , . Luckily we all just started sending cards. And I must say that can be a stressor for me still so sometimes I just skip it . But that all changed for me in the most unliklyest places, Womans Prison in Clinton Nj.
It was a year wher I spent my time searching for answers. Finding perspective in a world so filled with materialism. It was then that I looked at the TRUE meaning of Christmas. And it’s not about buying a gift for this one that one her him cousin nephew niece aunt uncle sis bro mom dad …NONE OF THEM. It was only about who Christmas was about. His walk on earth and his teaching of love and compassion in a hurting confused world. I sought with all my heart mind and soul. And you know what else I found out…Christmas in prison was my best Christmas ever. And I would not trade it for anything in this materialistic self seeking world. But I will share His love and His desire to meet everyone that He places in my path. Love is the gift to give …

This is a response that I sent to mike but felt the need to share it will all in this topic .

And because of how i see Christmas now I truly enjoy it . I don’t go and by all kinds of gifts. My only favorite gift that I give every year is The Samartian Shoebox . It is the ultimate gift filled with not only stuff for a child in another country that has nothing but a chance to share Gods love. Check it out sometime, it may change your way of seeing Christmas. Funny how it took another child that I’ll’ never see with my eyes to understand what it’s all about .

I love reading 'everyones' replies, it helps me .. especially during this sick period of time in my life and the struggle i'm having being out of work.

thank you all ... xox

as for cold winter days it makes my muscles stiff and achy in my right leg those cerebral palsy forum calls it spastic I am more that way in the winter cuz of the cold and dampness as for depress after the new year it lets up some I MISS MY MOM SHE MADE SUCH A FUSS OVER THE holidays so I connect my mom with this time of year jade hang in there maybe your treatment will be worth it and you will be better