Trimethylaminuria Member Introductions

I would like to known who doe free diagnostic testing, in charlotte.n.c i been had this problem since i was 17 year of age. I never new why I smelled all the time until i saw this show about women on prime time.

I wrote them and direct to new york foundation. which i still can;t afford to get testing do you of any one.

Thank You

I recently tested positive for TMAU, and I am interested in knowing if it is considered a disability under ADA. I lost my job because of it. Mine is evidently sporadic since I worked for over 30 years without incident. I retired and started another job that was extremely stressful, and I also had a severe hormone imbalance at the same time. This combination apparently triggered the flare up.

I have recently been diagnosed with tmau

Hi everyone, Iā€™ve just learned about tmau last month. Looking for information on how to improve the odor and live with this.

hi my name is bridgett ihave been a trimeth suffer for years i have not been diagnose im sure this is what i have just looking to get info and meet and talk to people who can relate i live in alabama

1 Like

Hi, i am new to this website. good to be here.

I would love to connect with other people suffering from TMAU or other body malodor conditions. I have not be officially diagnosed, but I have been suffering from an extreme body malodor condition for about 12 yrs.

I suffer from bromidrosis and Iā€™d like to meet other who can relateā€¦

I believe I have this condition and Iā€™d like to know what others have done in dealing with the problem.

Because I have TMAU. I want to learn how to cope also learn what I can do to eliminate the smell. I want to connect with anyone who want the support.

I want to share support for others like myself who suffer from body odor.

I havenā€™t been tested but I think I have this condition. Mine is a ā€œgarbageā€ smell, which I read is one of the odors a person can have. Iā€™m looking for advice from anyone who has had any success controlling this problem.

this has ruined my life and my relationships and i have tried and tried to find a solution. The more people involved the better chance we will have.

I thought I was going crazy!! I just happened to be watching the news and noticed someone else had the same thing happeing to them. WOW! I am kind of releived! After researching this disorder, I am finding a lot more people are just like me. I have SO many questions.

Hi,

I just learned that I have Trimethylaminuria, spot on Inside Edition, which led me here.

I BELIEVE I HAVE THIS CONDITION AND I WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CONDITION AND HOW IT HAS EFFECT OTHERS LIVES. I WOULD LOVE TO CONCONECT WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE CONDITION ALSO AND POSSIBLE CONNECT WITH DOCTORS WHO CAN HELP ME.

Iā€™m almost positive I have TMAU and Iā€™m (literally) scared to death !!!

Hi. Inside Edition finally said the name of my condition. I want to learn about options and to speak openly about it. I want to have a normal life, going to places and not to pretend to be the shy person to avoid being aroung people.

Hello, my name is Sharon and my 17 year old son Michael has this condition. I am here to try and find out whatever I can to help control this.

Hi, I have noticed my odor problem for years but never knew what the problem could be until a TV program the other day.