Warm and Fuzzy feelings

Today seems to be a brighter day for me. I believe that the depression is lifing. This rollercoaster ride I have been on is just that. Too many downs when I would rather go up.
Still would like to know the difference between regular depression and depression with Bipolar. No body seems to know the answer. I am searching online but it kind of repeats itself no matter what site you go to.
If any one finds out anything on this matter, please let me know.
Hope that every ones days is beautiful~

My doctor gave me the diagnosis of Post Tramatic Stress Syndrome thanks to a very abusive 11 yr marriage.I know I used to feel like a Viet Nam vet when I first got divorced.
Depression with depression I’ve never heard of.If your depressed and your depressed because your depressed hell I guess your depressed…lol
But seriously, If I were a doctor I guess I would just call it severe Depression. If you find something out let me know…now I’m curious

Well you kind of hit it on the head, somewhat. With Bipolar you have highs and lows and some times you can have them together. Its not a very comforting situation. I do seem to have more depression than mania, but its still Bipolar, according to my theraist. I am not really sure how they come to the conclusion between the difference, but after several months and different medications, when they put me one Lamictal, which is used for Bipolar, I started coming around. They also have me on a antidepressent, mood elevators and zanax for anxiety. I also have a medication for tremors, for I suffer with that either from the medication or its just my anxiety. But I take those just as needed.
I was just really curious what the difference was between regular depression and Bipolar depressionl. I am no doctor etiher, but I find it really amazing that the doctors, can diagnose you by just therapy. Thank goodness though because if I had not been put on meds at that time, I probably would not be sitting here today.
What has your doctors told you and what do you do about it when you are down.
Let me hear and thanks for sharing~