Wellbutrin XL / Bupropion

I am new to this site, and I hope that i can find encouragement here. Today I was so depressed, that i just wanted to go to bed and never wake up. I couldnt do that, and I was feeling really down on myself so what did I do? Start a fight so that how I felt about myself would be true. I am supposed to go see a Dr. this week. I have heard alot about Wellbutrin xl, and I wondcered if anyone else has heard anything about it?
Thank you for your help.

JULIANNE,

I HAVE HEARD ONLY GOOD THINGS ABOUT IT. I’M NOT ON IT SO I CAN’T SAY FOR SURE BUT ASK YOUR DR. ABOUT IT. GOODLUCK

i was on wellbutrin the only side effects i had were dry mouth i also lost 2o pounds in 6 months while on it and had no desire to smoke so for me it was positive good luck i do have to say that when i thought i was better i weaned myself off of it againest my doctors advice and within a month i had started smoking again and was told by co workers that i needed to get back on something for my moods that just made me determined to show them i could do it without meds and i have been struggling ever since with my moods and self esteem issues take care

I have just started on Wellbutrin earlier this week, and was told by my pdoc that the big side effect is seizures. I’ve been taking Lamical for BP for about 5-6 months and is actually an anti-seizure medication – so I guess the two should work out. I’ve never had a seizure. Ask your doctor!

Hi, I am taking wellburin xl & a generic for remron plus another Rx generic for klonopin. I see a therapist 2 times a week & a head doc. I have been off my job for over 3 months now due to major depression & anxiety along with panic attacks. The head doc has changed & increased my dozes several times. I want to get off all of the above because I still don’t feel much better, all I do is cry & shake! Yesterday morning I was getting out of bed, I went to stand & my left leg was like it was NOT there. I fell to the floor, & asked God “AM I HAVING A STROKE?” After I fell 2 more times I managed to get myself on the edge of my bed & sit for about 5 minutes & then I was able to stand up & walk. Family & friends said I should go to ER but since I am single & am on short term disablity I did nothing. Today I finally did call my primary care dr & was told to call her office first thing in the morning & if I have another fall or anything out of the norm, I should go to ER right away! I do have insurance, thank God! but the wellbutrin xl is still $50. co-pay!!! I am wanting to try some thing that is natural without the side effects. I am going to talk to my dr. before I decrease what I am now taking & have Faith that God will give me the strength to get Rx free! Best Wishes, rr