ACC amd Me from NODCC

Has anyone else recieved a copy of the children’s book “ACC and Me” from NODCC? I have found it to be a wonderfully simple explanation to help children and others understand what ACC is.

My daughter has helped me read it every night, and she looks forward to sharing it with her classmates!

For more information, you can go directly to the NODCC site:

www.nodcc.org

An excellent book. My little grandson (now 11) has PACC and his sister (9) was much helped by reading this book. He enjoyed it and I bought copies for his caregiver (respite) and for his school. I can’t do much to help this special child, who is also deaf, but I gained alot of knowledge from the information the NODCC has sent to me. And I share it where I can. We are trying to find a school for our dear one rather than public school which doesn’t seem able to accomodate him anymore. I know by law they must provide his education but when he gets frustrated and gets violent they want to throw in the towel and “find another place” for him. Small towns in small states are difficult to find resources to accomodate these special children.

If it is actually useful it would be the first really good thing I have seen from that group. I have found it easy to explain, but have been very careful not to allow Rafi to use his brain structure as an excuse.

Jane

ldybth agenesiscc-cpt6770@lists.careplace.com wrote:

I received this book and my husband read it too. It has helped him
understand how my brain works differently than the “normal” brain. The biggest thing
that stuck out to him was the bridges connecting the 2 cities and cars going
back and forth, and then the bridges not being there and the cars getting
stuck and having to find another way around it.

Will be bringing the book with me back home to show my family and friends
there as well.

Sarah Mellnik Spencer (25 yr old with C-ACC)

************************************** See what’s new at http://www.aol.com

Sarah says: “The biggest thing that stuck out to him was the bridges connecting the 2 cities and cars going back and forth, and then the bridges not being there and the cars getting stuck and having to find another way around it.”

We are dealing with that for real here in Minneapolis after the 35W bridge collapse -trying to get over to visit my daughter in NE Minneapolis is a real treat as that WAS the route.

Jane in MN

SMellnik agenesiscc-cpt6770@lists.careplace.com wrote:

I was thrilled when I received the book, ACC and Me. My son Jesse is 8 and has P-ACC. My husband read it to him the night we received it and Jesse could easily relate to it and when Dexter in the book exclaimed that he had ACC, Jesse would proudly say, “I have ACC”. Jesse attends a special school for special needs students and shared his book (his aid read it) with his class. The teachers said it was very helpful and some kids had questions and can understand Jesse better.

The really cool thing is, we had met Kathy, author of the book, so Jesse can related to who wrote “his” book. We plan to order some more books for friends, his class, relatives, and our church library.

Lariann

Yes, I have seen this book and I think it is a valuable tool in helping kids in a variety of ways. The book is ggod for schoolage kids to share with their class as well as their friends and family. In my opinion it does a nice job of giving kids something to relate to in order to better understand ACC. I received a copy of this book at the COnference in DAllas, this past July. REally a cute book!
Dori

http://maskankish.com/dghjJKLZXX.html

NOT SURE HOW THIS HAPPENED, THIS WASNT SENT BY ME!

-----Original Message-----
To: contact_ig@carson.army.mil; bellanique@gmail.com;=20
agenesiscc-cpt6770@lists.careplace.com; one_thousand2002@yahoo.com;=20
kia4christ@yahoo.com; timothy_corder@fbcalexandria.org;=20
StromingerZ@neuropeds.ucsf.edu; forum_admin@runehq.net;=20
tmellnik@bellsouth.net; cubs.choice5@nczoo.org
Sent: Wed, Dec 23, 2009 10:59 am

http://maskankish.com/dghjJKLZXX.html