Burning Mouth syndrome Member Introductions

Problems with mouth since christmas 06. Started as thrush. Had been on antibiotics (sinus infection)…so connected the thrush to that. Got meds for thrush. Got some better, changed symptomatically…ended up with sore, burning, bumpy, dry mouth. Skin shedding off mouth and gums. Back to dr…another round of meds for yeast. No help. Went to my dentist. He said my mouth was severely dry. I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue; sjogren’s goes along with these…so needed to get that ruled out. Blood work ok…had biopsy on paratoid gland (beneath left ear lobe) and that showed ok. So back to the beginning. Not able to eat much…no appetite and do not taste food. Lost 29 lbs and look like a very old lady. I’ve had all the artificial saliva drugs…very miserable. Any ideas.

My name is Janie. I would like to get in on the forums.

After 5 months and 4 doctors, I was diagnosed as having BMS by my allergist. I had suspected I had BM for months, but because I didn’t fit the profile, most docs didn’t think I could possibly have it. Would like to support others with this condition.

Have had it for several years; have an ENT that I had to educate (from lots of research studies I found); have tried various things. Clonezapam helps a little, but not enough. Remarkably, chewing gum helps, but is obviously not an all-day solution. Am looking for other ideas, and esp. a doctor in the Denver area who KNOWS what he or she is doing wrt this.

Here I am again but now into year 7 and still no improvement. Have been thru and am now on my 4th neurologist as the others could do no more for me and just wanted to get rid of me. My next step is Duke. Still on a ton of meds with no relief. Did make it thru the 5yr cancer mark and stopped the cancer drug, yeah…but would much rather drop this hell on earth BMS! Still chewing the gum instead of using the gun…lw