Children with Achalasia

Parents of children with achalasia

mom of an teen achalasian, from the planet Myo
Sent Tuesday:
2.5 years ago, when I first discovered my then 14 year old had achalasia, you could have knocked me over with a feather. I took many sleepless nights and read every medical journal, pediatric paper, every note ever written to find out just what I was facing. I jumped in with both feet and researched things in deep detail. I could not have done this with out the support of the folks on the yahoo board. When we joined, there were but 600 folks worldwide, today it has doubled.
I want to encourage you, give you hope, and let you know I understand how scary this time is for you. I want you to know you have support, and any questions you have ask away. If you need data, let me know, I am a resource junkie. We had our surgery at the childrens hospital at UCSF with Dr. Patti, and Dr. Diana Farmer. We have just past our 2 year anniversary and things are wonderful. My now 16 year old son had the myotomy with a fundoplication with a growth stitch. He has neve had any problems, although Mc.D fries do move slow… : )
Please let those parents of children with Achalasia help you, ask away…
I joined this group because I saw your post.
Blessings
Carolyn mom to Cameron in the Sierra Foothills of CA