Club Foot Member Introductions

Hello everyone My name is Annie I’m here to show my support and to learn more about…well everything I can!

Hi my name is Shelly and I have 2 wonderful girls. One was born with a club foot on Dec 20,2000. She had went for casting from 7 days till her corrective surgery at 10 months old. But now she is haveing problems with her foot it is starting to turn inward again. She is now 6.5 years old, is this common??

We were young parents… aged 16 & 19 when our second child was born with recurring bilated clubbed foot;
36 & 1/2 years ag

For the first 2 years of his life he went through a myraid of doctors using different techniques. When he was 2 we finally got a Mason to sponser him for the Shriners hospital in San Francisco, (It required sponsership back then)… He was their patient till his last surgery at 17, when they told him they thought he could only have 1 more surgery at about the age of 35…Fast forward to today… he is 36 & in urgent need of the surgery now… he is in immediate danger of cord rupture in his right foot… that is the foot with all the surgery, as well he now needs the surgery in the left foot too. He has other recently discovered problems with the feet that are compounding his situation.
Today they have advanced techniques where I understand they can use cadaver donor tissure or even the heart strings from a horse in repairing these type of conditions.
The problem being for him his the cost of surgeries… health coverage & survival… he has been trying for disability for a while… the State where he resides doesn’t have help with medical at all for Adults unless your minor children are dependant on you & in your home.
There are a lot of caring, concerned doctors & Staff. Between the local hospital & doctor’s they are all working some type of repayment plan… So at the least they can get him through this first adult surgery & stop the immediate threat of rupture.
There is always advanced treatments & hope… Lots of people go through the same or similar situation.

Hello everyone! We are a family of 5 in total - all 3 boys - 2 of whom were born with club foot in one form or another. We just started up a blog about this subject but I won’t mention it since I’m not sure yet if it’s allowed.
Just hoping to pass on some useful information and answer any questions new parents might have who are going through this.
All the best.