Cryoglobulinemia, Chronic Pain & a dog!

Each of us has a purpose and plan in life: I believe it is my calling in life to bring encouragement, hope, and love to others. Gracie, my service dog, has given me a new lease on life and the inspiration to do this along with my wonderful Manager, my husband. We are a unique team, doing the most we can with the second chance we gave each other.

Diane Dike, Ph.D., lives in the Vail Valley, of Colorado. Her heartbreaking, heartwarming and courageous story will inspire you to overcome your challenges. With dignity, sensitivity and honesty, Diane describes her journey to hell and back through physical, spiritual and emotional difficulties that she shares honestly as a Keynote and Motivational Speaker around the country. She has found creative ways to deal with life’s disappointments and even trained her own service dog three years ago after adopting her from an animal hospital. Her enthusiasm and passion touch and connect with audiences of all ages.

Diane has a BA in Physical Education, Recreation and Health with a Minor in Theology. A Masters Eq. in Behavior Disorders and a Ph.D. in Human Services.

She started her own ministry, in Florida where she ministered to prisoners, the elderly, and to students. She began an “Adopt a Grandparent” program, teaming young people with seniors. She did public relations work for McDonald’s, creating outstanding programs in support of her community. She has volunteered and spoken for “Habitat for Humanity”, churches, conferences, and traveled with some of the biggest names in Christianity as a massage therapist and prayer warrior. She was the star singer of the laser show at Cypress Gardens while teaching Pre-k special needs children as well as students up to the University level. … Unfortunately, Diane had to abandon most of these pursuits because of the effects of several chronic diseases.

However, with service dog in hand, she making a come back. Whether you are on the mountain top or in the valley, Diane’s message will benefit you. Diane has experienced “the good, the bad, and the ugly” of life–not necessarily in that order— and will inspire you to enjoy life no matter what your circumstances by using your gifts to be all God created you to be.

Be sure to stop in and visit her web site to see some fun pictures and even pictures of her disease (cryoglobulinemia, vasculitis, Raynauld’s) at various stages.

My wife Diane seeks to live each day as if it was her last and in so doing she has truly taught me how to live. Her only desire is to affect the world from her bed daily to make a difference for the good, help others and when she can or is invited she goes and shares her story that touches, encourages and inspires people like nothing I have ever seen. I am her husband Paul, her caretaker, husband and best friend (right beside Gracie). I know you will fall in love with her just like I have so eight years ago. She is a courageous woman!
Truly,
Paul Dike
http://web.mac.com/graciejc