DD triggers - Common Experiences?

SuRi
Exactly!! That is what I was trying to say. My brain fog makes it hard for me to articulate what I really want to say, my attention span is very short. And there are so many things I want to say but can’t seem to get them out. I have forgotten how to spell. I was always an excellant speller but now I can’t remember how to spell the most simple of words. (((ARG!!!)))).

(((((hugs))))))))) TO YOU SWEETIE,

Brennie

No worries, Suri!

Hugs and spoons,
Pamela

Hi Suri,

I know there are some AMA and medical journals and magazines that are for subscribing physicians only. I don’t know about you, but reading medicaleeze makes my eyes cross.

HUgs and spoons,
Pamela

http://www.mdjunction.com/dercums-disease
?
Another site with Dercums Disease support

I am a member over at MDJunction but it is not as active as CarePlace, plus
I like the personal pages here better (the journal, photo albums, etc.)

Hi Everybody…My take on the stress thing is that some people are much more sensitive to stress…and to intensified development of physical symptoms as a result of mental stress. I think that when you already have the genetic component for sensitivity and depression, and you are faced with a lifetime of physical pain and the multitude of physical symptoms that accompany DD, of course we are stressed! We also have more pain sensors and a lack of substance P to help diffuse pain messages to our brains. My brain goes “ouch…ouch…ouch” all day! We are not nuts…as a matter of fact we are highly intelligent people who are too sensitive to our own self evaluation. We always think we have to be better than we can be and then we fall short when we are unable to “perform” up to what we feel are society’s expectations. I feel like a time-bomb on the edge of going off! If I could be more physically active I could work off some of this tension…but DD declares that I can not move!! It is so frustrating! I see where each of you is coming from and of course you are all right! We each see our own truth and the self-evaluation voice in our brain will always tell us how wrong or right we are. I would like to reprogram that voice to just say nice things! Since I can’t do that…at least I have you my friends to say nice things…Hugs, Grandma Sylvia

Oh boy sylvia, I can understand exactly what you said. I want to add that I think anti-depressants actually help the physical pain (for me anyway!) I have noticed that when my mental attitude is more “up” the pain seems to get me less down… like I can have the same pain when depressed and when not and the pain seems more intense when I am depressed. NOT that the pain actually changes, but my reaction to it does and makes it seem less. (I hope this makes sense! LOL!)

Oh I am glad you asked about the Spoons Ben… I had no idea either and was afraid to ask, haha… I thought it was something I was supposed to know but didn’t :slight_smile: I like the spoon theory!!

Hi SuRi,

I’m glad you liked the spoon theory. Every now and again, someone will ask what the spoons are about and then I post the link, lol.

Hugs and spoons,
Pamela

Yes, spoon theory has given me a way to explain things better…

I had a friend with lupus… Maybe I should catch up with her…