Dealing with nausea and vomiting

Dear kathie,

You are not a nut! we all have been through this and or are going through this,i think most of us keep on hand scripts from our drs. fpr the nausea and yes many times your lab can be normal even though you have pain etc, it was explained to me kinda like the panc. is worn out and the labs do not always show, not all drs understand that! to anyone in the group correct me if i am wrong or maybe explain it a little better !

julie

I am so sorry you are going through this-  Yes, I have been there and totally understand what you are going through.  If you take nausea meds and pain meds then you can function to do your job etc.  There are times I go on to the hospital because I cannot stop throwing up.  I wish you well.

becuase i’ve had CP for a while, my blood work never shows fluctuated levels unless i’m bad enough to go to the hospital. my doctor explained this as normal for those that have had this for a while. you may have had it for a while before you knew what it was, which may explain it. talk with your doctor. about the nausea- i take the 8mg zofran ODT but i really think it varies per person’s nausea and how bad it is for each person. at the beginning, I could just lie down and work through it, then i tried over the counter stuff and then when that didn’t work i went to phenergan pills, ativan, phenergan liquid, and now i’m finally with the zofran which works great for me. I think everything depends on the person! to the person that didn’t 'like the suckers- I’m so sorry! i think they taste like raspberry sweet tarts but there are times when either my mouth is dry or somethin and it catches me in the back of my throat at a very bitter taste, but it doesn’t bother me at all! hopefully you find something that works. i really want to get off the fentanyl stuff. i talked with my doctor the other day and i think i may go to minnesota for the transplant. it’s a 50/50 chance. 30 % get type 1 diabetes and 10% have no change whatsoever. there is a girl my age at my doctor’s office that did this and is 100% cured. I want to be like that! i’m 24 and dealing with this for i think 9 years now? almost 10? who knows, i lose count. i first had it my freshman year of high school. ugh!

nicole, i have been wondering how you are doing! good to see you on the site sweetie! sounds like things have not gotten any better, i think of you often! hang in there girl ! love ya

julie

Hi, Steph–

I get nausea almost daily at some point and the best potion for me has been the Zofran ODT mixed with 1-2mg Ativan. High Ativan doses are also used for nausea from Chemotherapy, etc.-- and it keeps any side effects of the anti-emetic down for me.

Sorry to hear you’re having such a hard time!!

Hang in there and many hugs,

Lisa

Hi cager 21

I don’t understand what is going on for three to four weeks I have been dealing with nausea . Tonight I took Zofran and it didn’t touch it.

I have been on liquids , boost , ginger ale the doctor wanted me to try some starches well I tried I look at it and it looks back , I eat some and then I get stabbing pain in the area that I have been having the pain for
what seems forever. I had the MRCP done but it wasn’t done the way the doctor wanted it so I don’t know what to think . they didn’t give me the contrast iv. I guess I should be thankful I 'm not vomiting yet . I have been telling people I would rather be pregnant . I feel like morning sickneess but I 'm not pregnant going thru the change. Well everyone is having a better night

Kathie

Yes try Zofran it’s the best I highly recomend it. It works for me and helps tremendously. It’s expensive but it works good luck

I have been unable to work for three years due to my current bout of pancreatic disease. I had acute pancreatitis in 2000 and recovered after 2 surgeries and 7 months of rest, then I had two years of no disease.
Pain is my number one problem, followed by nausea/vomiting. I also have Hashimoto’s Disease, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome. When the nausea is mild I yawn constantly, you CANNOT vomit while yawning. It sounds as if you suffer from much more severe nausea,vomiting than I. My pain is better able to be controlled when I lie down still, someone had mentioned that that helped with nausea also. I am pending a Spinal Cord Stimulator surgery for my pain.

I have Pancreatic Ampullary Stenosis. Has anyone else become completey lactose intollerant after pancreatitis?

Pam