Dercums and Eye Issues?

I would be worried about that too, Elaine. That’s why I would only consider surgery if my sight was being threatened. Doing anything sooner might do more harm than good. Was the eye doctor a surgeon or an optometrist? I would at least want an ophthalmologist to make sure they could be safely removed.

Pamela

I went to a teaching hospital so all I can say is he is an eye Dr…but then he never heard of DD and wasn’t too interested in learning about it…

Hello everyone, I am a female 60 years old and. have been recently diagnosed with DD and it took me 6 months, 7 emergency room visits, an internist who told me there was no clinical reason for my pains, endoscopy, colonoscopy, ct scans, angiography and my own research to come up with the diagnosis! Sooo frustrating!
I also have Sjögren’s syndrome and have had it for 30 years. I managed Sjögren’s very well with biotene products for dry mouth! They are perfect ( toothpaste, spray and gel) and that is the way is what I have manage those symptoms. I also take salagen 3 times per day a pill that gives moist to your eyes, mouth and nose. I use saline spray for the nose and natural tears (theratears) for the eyes.

Now DD is a complete new situation for me so learning from all of you.
I am starting with the lumps in the chest, wasteline, throat, small in my hands. I was working in the garden under the sun today for a while and the pain really increased!
I walk a lot and now exercise has started to make pains bad, eating chocolate or any sugary foods kill me.
Everyhting started with stress at work which flared the pains really bad and that’s when the in and out of the hospital with chest pains, left side of my stomach and in the kidney areas started. All the tests were ok!! Heart, organs, circulatory all ok! So that’s when I started researching and came up with DD came up and I printed all the information for my doctor!
I am in short term disability from work as for the past 6 months even I started doubting if the pains were in my head!!
They say DD goes undiagnosed 85% Of the time.
Anyway, glad to join this group and learning and understanding what is happening to me and what is next to come!