Diabetes Insipidus Member Introductions

My 6 year old son, Nicholas, has DI as a result from a craniotomy in 2003.

I was diagnosed in 2001 after a kidney operation. But, I am sure I have had this my whole life. I give a whole new meaning to the term “Bottoms up!”

My name is Joni Fuller and I’ve had central DI since '95. It was the result of a massive head injury.

My son has a mystery illness (no diagnosis yet), that makes him very thirsty, drinks from bathroom/kitchen tap often, started wetting bed 3 yrs. ago at age 8, pees a lot, headaches, nosebleeds (but nosebleeds not as often as when he was younger), doesn’t want to go anywhere and I think it’s because uneasy about water/bathroom access. Ped. says urine shows normal, except somewhat low specific gravity (1.009, 1.005 on two different occassions).In the process of doing 3 at home water deprivations to help clear things up. Have to refrigerate urine and take to lab when all through. Any inputs very welcomed.

jk

I am 44 years old and was born with Nephrogenic Diabetes Insipidus. I have two brothers, a sister, nephew and niece also with NDI.

I would like to learn as much as I can about DI and help others do the same.

45, cranial DI since 7

I have a 16 year old son with DI and other medical issues.
The DI group has helped me a lot trying to figure out his symptoms and hopefully I have helped someone else with my posts.
Tanya

I have DI from a Pituitary Stalk Lesion.

I have had DI for 11 years. I fortunately have it under control, but I still have questions and concerns about it. I hope meeting others like me will help answer those questions.

My teenage daughter was just diagnosed with diabetes insipidous. I would like to find people that also have this disease so that she may chat with them.

Been living with it for about 4 years now and still don’t know what’s caused it…

My grandson was diagnosed with a brain tumor at 5 months old. He is now almost 11! He’s got multiple disabilities and also has Diabetes Insipidus due to the tumor. I’ve joined here to maybe chat once and a while with others; I know we’re not alone :slight_smile:

i am interested in this because i have many problems. and i could use some support. i want to learn more about type 2 diabetes and healthy eatting. i want to meet other people with type 2 diabetes and are having weight problems and problems eatting healthy.

I am wanting to learn more about DI in children under 2. Can this cause seizures and strokes in children?
Please respond.

My 14 year old daughter has DI since a resection of a Rathke’s Cyst in 2004. It’s usually not a big deal but carrying medicine with us everywhere is a pain. She also has a shunt which has been giving her problems.

Hi…I followed this linke from the Diabetes Insipidus group on Yahoo…

My son has Diabetes Insipidus

I was diagnosed with DI when I was pregnant with my third child. Unfortunately, I did not have the gestational form of the disease as it continued after my Son was born. (he is now 11)

Hi, I’m 37 years old and have Diabetes Insipidus since I was 9 months old.

My son had a urinalysis and blood/urine osmolality test done which showed low urine osmolality, upper normal blood osmolality and low specific gravity. We are waiting for an appt for further testing. He has no bed wetting, wakes up rarely in the night to go to the bathroom and does not seem to be overly thirsty. He does urinate often during the day. I am nervous about the underlying causes of DI. We are not diagnosed yet but want more info.