DiGeorge Syndrome Member Introductions

my husband & 17 m/o daughter had DGS

Hello everyone from Josephine, in Vancouver, BC.

I am new to the site, and would be interested in chatting with other parents/caregivers. My 9 year old son has DiGeorge Syndrome. He is very passionate about anything to do with transportation. He is very sociable, and loves chatting away to one and all. Pretty rewarding after the years of speech therapy and signing…

I am hoping to connect with someone who has a child of similar age, and am also happy to talk to new parents who may have questions - of the Vancouver school system, resources, etc…

Hope to hear from some…

Thanks,
Josephine

I have a nearly 17yr old with 22q11.

My 4 year old son was diagnosed with DiGeorge Syndrome at birth. I have been dealing with alot of different issues since. I would love to get to know other stories and other people who I can relate too.

Hi!! My name is Meredith. My life changed Feb. 13, 2007 when my son was born with heart defects and DiGeorge un benounced to me and my husband and my 2 year old daughter Anastasija.

Our son Zachary was born 08/07/03. He was diagonosed in the fall of 2004. Zach’s biggest obstacle is his severe apraxia.

We just had our third son…and along with TOF, he also has DiGeorge. I am part of other groups and it helps to talk with others about this syndrome and what we can expect in the future.

Im Cathy I have a 5 year old boy with DiGeorge syndrome.

My daughter and husband both have DGS

My cousin’s daughter has DiGeorge and I want to learn all I can about her condition

My son Caden was diagnosed with DiGeorge Syndrome. Caden was born in November of 2004 and continues to battle complex medical conditions related to DiGeorge. I am most interested in connecting with families who are dealing with severe swallowing difficulties in older children.

You can read more about Caden at:
http://www.hoei.com/caden/blog/

my daughter jade has digeorge and shes 3. we have a big issue with speech delay, i want to know about more and how others deal with it.

I have DiGeorge syndrome. I am 24 years old I have a one month old daugther who has digeorge syndrome. I also have two brothers and a sister who have digeorge syndrome my father is the carrier of the deletion.

I am moniter of a group called 22q11.2 of two or more effected
ask me for the link

I am the mother of a 14yr old son with DiGeorge and would love to get to chat with others living with this !!!

I have a dd who was borne with DiGeorge/TOF. She is 12 years old and a blessing to have.

Hi,

U’m a mother of 3 children who are ages 9, 6, and one that will be age 5 in 2 months. My daughter, the youngest one has DiGeorge Syndrome. She is severly speech delayed, and is learning ASL so along with the rest of us so that we can possibly understand what it is she is trying to say. She picks up on the signs so easily, and it has reduced much of the frustration that she has had trying to get us to understand what it is she is trying to say. Is there anyone else out there who has a child with DiGeorge syndrome who has a child that is severely delayed in speach and who is teaching their child sign language?

Thanks,
Bonnie

My son has DiGeorge who is six now and I would like to start something in Colorado for him. I would like to talk to other parents around the world. I want to learn more about his syndrome. It has been a learning experience for me and I wish I would have had the support group earlier in his days and also in mine.

child diagnosed with digeorge

I have a daughter with DiGeorge Syndrome and just having a rough time with it all. She is on a feeding tube and just want to talk to somebody whois going through the same thing I am

I’m an OT assistant who works in the local school system who is currently treating 2 children with DiGeorge.