Empty Sella Syndrome Member Introductions

I was diagnosed with ESS 3 years ago after suffering for many years with various symtpoms - most (or all) of which are accounted for with this diagnosis. My symtpoms have pretty much subsided right now and often do so; flaring up when I do a bad job of handling the stress in my life. I seem to be in MUCH better shape than many of you who I read about though. My symtoms include headaches, dizziness, blurry and double vision, fatigue, tingling and numbness in hands, feet, face, lips, pain in legs and hips…

I have a diagnosis of ess

My name is Lise I go my Lisa also because this is more common to most. I’ve been sick for 5 solid years and can’t even begin to tell the story except to say I started with the ESS site around 2003 at the end of that year my father died, we built a new house, my life was in turmoil and I got away from posting.

I’ve lived in this new place for 2 years and have been out of my house less than 20 tims. I need to talk to others to bring me around to activitely seek help. I went for two years non stop going to about 15 doctors at least 5 were endos. I’ve now had a “acunar stroke” which no one has taken that seriously either.

ESS is a consequence to me because I believe it is putting pressure on the gland and I go in cycles as the pressure lets up. Nothing of my labs are steady except I always have hypopituitarism but not enough for any doctor to help me. I have 5 nodules in my thyroid and unlike others I’ve read about I’m hyperthyroid not hypo. Even though I have many symptoms of hypo.

I don’t know anything I need help. I have diabetes uncontrolled (can’t tolerate oral meds), hypertension and
anasarca (whole body edema). The anasarca causes everythng to go out of wack.

I just need to talk and I’m not getting any responses this week from other places.

Thanks for listening Lisa

I’m now 5 years older (55) and have had an acunar stroke which that didn’t even getme any “special” attention.
My doctor’s response was unquoate you can tak ASA everyday

Rec’d invite from David Hughes and want to see what is available on Care Place for various chronic conditions.

I was recently diagnosed with ESS from an MRI. I am waiting for my endocrinologist refferal to be approved so I can figure out what if any specific hormonal levels I have so that I can be treated. I really hope so because I am miserable. I am always sleepy. My sinuses always hurt, infact my whole body hurts. I get headaches every day, although they are not as excruciating as they used to be before I started taking effexor and xanax. The pain is increasing I can no longer drive I have had my maximum of dosing off at the wheel. I am out of vacation and sick time at my job of over 17 years. How did that happen? Dr’s. appointments, calling in sick once a week, being late just so I can sleep for another hour even though I slept good all night. My ear constantly hurts which I was told has nothing to do with my ear it is glandular. Don’t our hormones regulate our glands? It is not only my ear but the part of my face in front of my ear and down my jaw line into my neck and throat.

Ihave ESS.I am experiencing hormone irregularties. have you found treatments?

I have chronic headaches, s/p pituitary adenoma removal.

Hi…
My name is Ali. I’m 39 years old and have recently been diagnosed with Empty Sella Syndrome. I am very much interested in hearing from people who have this disorder and learning as much as I can about it.