Everyone offers me gum

OscarMan, try to avoid fast food. KFC and other fast food restaurants may fry foods in soybean oil or peanut oil. In general fast food usually contains unadvertised additives and preservatives or ingredients that are not TMAU-friendly.

When I can not resist fast food, I limit my choices to salads with no meat, baked potatoes, or small order of fries. Some of the processed meat used on salads contains soy, and most of the salad dressings contain soybean oil. For those who do not know much about TMAU, you should avoid products high in choline or products containing soy, soybean oil, nuts, beans, egg yolk, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. as suggested by TMAU research done to date.

You can find the USDA Database for the Choline Content of Common
Foods by using http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/Data/Choline/Choline.pdf

Does any one know someone who lives in california,i suffer with tmau,and i dont leave my house,i dont work,i am poor and lonely.

This is not restricted to blood type. I am O neg. also but the real issue is the inability to metabolize choline due to a liver deficiency. Stinky

Stinky,I know about the choline and the digestive system ,but most disoders are o negative blood type.

Why?

Are we that much different from others?

Anyone in Florida with this condition?? Starting to learn about Trimethylaminuria althought I have suffered for yearsā€¦now my daughter has it also and I am determined to find a solution, I have suffered enough. I have recently become a vegetarian and I seem to be doing pretty well with the diet except than I am losing too much weight and I need to add something to the diet, perhaps, poultry.

Hi brown sugar,

Thanks for your message, yes I can eat pineapples, all fruits and vegetables agree with me in general, but I canā€™t live with that alone. I am hungry often, I take multi vitamins, but I have lost 10 pounds in 3 months and I donā€™t want to lose any more or I will shrink to nothing.

I am reading about antibioticsā€¦ does it work??? anything works??? I am a single mom and I have to work for a living, I have toā€¦ I change work oftenā€¦ but I have already gotten used to changing once in a whileā€¦ I just go and change again, which makes my life very interestingā€¦ I want something that works, not so much for me anymore, but for my daughter, she is 12ā€¦ and I donā€™t want her to suffer like I have. By the way, whatā€™s your story???

Hi, I am new here. I do, and I need friends. Message me. What part of Cali are you in? I travel all the time. Itā€™s my only way to enjoy life really.

1 Like

Seriously if you ever see this message even a year from now just message me.

1 Like

Well said, dear. I found your reply very helpful especially for me.