Fmdsa.org

Hi Folks, I am on a mission. I am hoping you can help. FMDSA is an organzation dedicated to finding answers about our “Freakin’ Mystery Disease” (FMD). This organzation founded by Richard & Susan Gould is a non-profit organzation. The board members, volunteers, work non-stop so that we and our families can get the most current information on FMD out there to the medical community, and who knows one day a cure. I have personally seen the dedication. These folks are taking time away from their families, vacations, etc. so that we and our families can live healthier lives.
Recently FMDSA just opened an office! Can you imagine how exciting that is? One day we could be as big as the American Heart Assocation, and we have an opportunity to say we helped make it happen. All these leaps and bounds the organzation is making incurs costs. So I am proposing that we offer up a donation to celebrate the opening of the office. $10,$20 or whatever amount you deem to donate would be such a gift! We are on a roll, folks on the yahoo site are starting to send those donations in! Don’t put off until tommorow what you can do today! Perhaps skip the starbucks for a week and donate instead to FMDSA. Go right to their site…
FMDSA.ORG and you can put donation on credit card or download a form and send a check in. There is even a way to donate is someones honor. I know some of you have already donated this year…but how about a tinsy weensy bit of a year end gift?
Okay…le’ts kick it off…???
Thanks for listening…oxoxoxoxomimi

Thanks Mimi! FMDSA did open an office and just in time too. The organization was being run from a spare bedroom in my home and it was getting really tight in there . . . the sign of success! I think its important for people to know that your donation doesn’t pay for salaries, there are no paid employees at FMDSA. The organization is entirely run by volunteers and like Mimi said, they give a lot of their time to make it happen. FMDSA volunteers are spread though out the country, people just like you. Your donations go a very long way towards research and education.

I can remember when Alayna was diagnosed and there was no organization to support me . . . thank God the yahoo group was there for me. Think about the next person to be diagnosed, think about supporting FMDSA so that it can be there for those people. Think about supporting FMDSA so that it can be there for you and your family. Think about supporting FMDSA so that the medical community has a partner to help them help their patients. A little goes a long way . . . a lot goes even further.

FMDSA has grown so far beyond what Rich and I ever expected. We are a small part of a bigger picture. New volunteers, new ideas, new talent join the organization year after year. It’s a really exciting thing to see. Please keep supporting them.

Susan