Fructose Intolerance Member Introductions

My food sensitivities have gotten worse over time and I’ve eliminated wheat, yeast and gluten. That hasn’t ‘solved’ everything, and I started suspecting last year that something else is going on. I’m currently investigating with doctors and gastroenterologists whether I have a problem with fructose and have joined so I can get better educated quickly and get some emotional support as my symptoms are really bad at the moment.

I have been very seriously fructose intolerance since birth.  Although my doctor doesn't believe me. Almost died as infant.  The cause unknown at that time.  Plain cow's milk saved my life.  I always had these strange symptoms which no doctor could explain.  
 I learned of HFI during the mid 1990's.  Now 48.  Recently, I have been having some dizzy spells and wonder why.  
 Doctors in the central U.S. tend to brush me off because they are not familar with HFI.  They want to refer to the fact I am female, which has nothing to do with it. 
 I am very intolerant to even tiny tiny  nibbles of sweet tasting foods. I live on very bland foods.  Must take vitamins, minerals, and special iron pills.  I bruise very easily, tend to bleed easily, and often feel weak. I always have proteins in my urine, and uric acid in my blood.  I am researching again.  There is more information on the internet now than in the 90's. Thank you.  Susan

I have fructose malabsorption and need to learn much, much more. I don’t have the heredity form, but I’m not seeing much for my group, so I thought if you would put up with me, I could learn a lot from this group. Thank you.

hi there, i work with the careplace team. i think careplace is awesome. i hope it will really help people to share, support eachother and learn. we can all use support and understanding and it is so important for all of us who have experienced difficulties to have a safe and informative forum in which to do so. thanks for visiting - it is really rewarding for all of us to see people reaching out to eachother - it is what careplace is all about.