Have you heard about Valcyte?

Ive heard of it, its also called Valganciclovir.  I believe there was a study going on with using this for CFS. (Im not sure if the study has been finished or still in process).

I dont know of any CFSer who's been on it.

One of our support group members who is prohibited by distance from participating in Montoya's trial took the journal article to her doctor.

He suggested that Valcyte was similar to Valgancyclovir, but cost much less, so they would start with the Valcyte and only upgrade if it didn't help.

She had the same experience as Montoya's patients, feeling worse for the first 6-7 weeks, and then suddenly improving.

Several years ago, I was on an experimental sleeping pill that actually put me to sleep every single night.  After a few months, I developed a fever, which warranted a response from my nurse practitioner, "Congratulations, you have an immune system again".  It lasted 6 months, but it clearly burned off a lot of the active virus.  So, I'm not sure that I have enough virus left for the Valcyte to be a miracle drug; we're thinking that at this point mostly what I have is viral *damage*.