I hate migraines

I use imitrix shots and pills, and zonisigram as a preventative. I still have the headaches … i was wondering what your symtoms were that let you know you were allergic to the imitrix, Thanks.

I had a panic attack at work one day and having chest pains,they called the ambulance and the EMS gave me nitro spray on the way to the hospital. Well the spray triggered a migraine at the hospital so they gave me an imitrex shot and my side affects were; I was having a hard time breathing and it felt like someone put 500lbs on my chest. They had to give me a benedril(sp.) shot to counteract it.

Angeleyes…how did they figure out that it was the imitrex and not the nitro spray that you were allergic to? It almost seems like your symptoms could have been from either one?

Bon

Your right it could have been either one…they & I just thought it was the migraine shot, never really thought of it before. I wonder if maybe it was the mixture of them both together.

Just reading this section made me shiver. I have been a migraine sufferer for as long as I remember—It sucks! To River: I couldn’t believe reading what you were saying, as every trigger you mention I have.

Did any of you have car sickness as a child? They say there is a correlation between car sickness/motion sickness as a child and migraines.

I have been popping Zomeg since Friday. I have been managing, but it still has been horrible. You bet, when that barometric pressure changes—The Worst!!! Like my head is going to blow up.

Before Imitrex/Zomeg/other, I did Excedrine (still do), Ben Gay (since a little girl), and Sudafed. I interchanged the Excedrine and Sudafed, and put the Ben Gay on my head like clock work, but truthfully, when you “catch it,” there is nothing better than Imitrex/Zomeg or the sister drugs, whatever one works better for you. It makes you logie, feel crappy, and very tired, but hey, us migraine sufferers will take that over the headache, right?

They said after menopause, the migraines will dissipate. I had menopause very early, and may I tell you that my migraines have only gotten worse. It’s the barometric pressure/change that kills me the most, however, when I am really excited, exhausted, have insomnia, smell a potent perfume, inhale someone’s smoke, get upset, worry too much, have a glass of wine on an off day/barametric pressure change, or am excited about an upcoming event, I trigger a migraine. It is the worst thing I have ever experienced.

Mariel Lee

Mariel lee
You sound just like me…

If you can't see this email please click here
Sue Britton
Sue Britton has added you as a friend
Is Sue your friend?
Click Yes if Sue is your friend, otherwise click No.
But you have to click!
Please respond or Sue may think you said no :(
Click here to block all emails from Tagged Inc., 110 Pacific Mall Box #117, San Francisco, CA. 94111

AGHHHHHHH!!! I just read the post 2 up…same sh%* another day. I know alot of my migraines are brought on by stress. I am under alot of stress right now at work, we are coming up on another financial audit starting next week and I am working 13 hrs a day with alot of pressure getting ready for it, doing several jobs. So i was expecting it. When I get these there is NO taking off work. I went home last night, took my imitrex shots with the naprosyn pills, nothing, waiting an hour, took another shot. Nothing. Used my Pain relieving Stadol. Went straight to bed, it was that time anyway. My poor baby Simba had one of her seizures at 4am, so I got up with her then, then came into work. So of course it was still here. I took a imitrex pill and am hoping for a miracle. I brought my nose spray with me, but I really shouldn’t use it at work cause it makes me nod out. I don’t have much of a choice if it gets much worse though.

Funny, the computer doesn’t bother my head. TV, it kills it.

Ah well, God help me though another one of these, 2 days left before a long weekend. Does everyone elses’ temper get really short like mine does when they have a migraine?

I am glad to know i am not the only one that really gets to be a “bitch”. Sometimes I just get so angry when I have them and it is because of mainly frustration because they are there and no way of getting rid of them, nothing works, dr.s don’t listen and just HELP!!!