Ideopathic Pancreatitis and Cystic Fibrosis?

A note on the vitamin thing. I often would avoid taking a multi vitamin because it makes me nauseous. When I was already horribly nauseated to begin with, I dreaded making it worse. someone pointed out to me to take a children’s vitamin. It is easier on the stomach on the days when you can’t bear the thought of a huge horse pill

hello all. just wanted to post about diabetes. there is a few types of diabetes which are caused by diff disease. (one which came to mind when warren posted that he was tested for diabetes and came back negative). there is a diabetes called insipidus and is caused by hormones and times tumors. excessive thirst and cravings for ice are common. central DI the urine is suppressed by a dose of ADH, and nephrogenic DI urine is not suppressed by ADH, also hereditary nephrogenic . these conditions are not the same as insuline diabetes and should be investigated if you continue to have symptoms. the key is to find what is causing it and treat it, by doing so normal life expectancy is expected. many symptoms are associated with insipidus but what i believe to be the most noticeable ones are fatigue, headache, irritability and muscle pains along with severe thirst. its caused by the kidneys unlike the other is caused by insuline. hope this helps some of you that may believe they do have diabetes and its sympyoms . have a pain free day all
my best to you all
\ nancy

hello all. just read a study about hydration of the body. a 2 million dollar study was done on water and the body i was very surprised to find that not all of us can ingest 8 glasses of water a day as we have been told to do for so long. some ppl are unable to tolerate such large amounts and they get water intoxication which is the kidneys can not filter all the water and shuts down their have been known deaths that have been associated with water intoxication. the study said that if we are exercising or sweating alot as in hot climates yes by all means uptake ur water. its said we get most of what we need from our food intack and do not require a lot of water. it suggested if you want to take the water to do so in moderation in case you are one of the unlucky ones that are unable to filter such large amounts and risk the kidney shutting down . my guess if you have poor kidneys this would be a no brainer. hope this helps or enlightens some before they partake in such amounts of water thinking its good to do so.

I have a wonderful doctor. He suggested as did a dietitian, to take Carnation Instant Breakfast. It is sold (in the Baltimore, MD area) in the cereal isle, near the instant oatmeal. If you can’t find it ask someone who works there. It is full of goodies that “WE” need.

Best of luck!!

My doc highly recommends Gatorade and I’m glad he does. I drink it and love it! More than water. Recently I was having a bad time of CP and was not doing well. I was not eating but at least drinking G. As it goes I of course ending up in the hospital. My blood test showed I was not too bad because I was drinking G, ER doc said if I had only been drinking water I would not have done near as well and ended up in the hospital much sooner.

Best of luck to you!!!

Hi Ponigirl,

Thanks for giving the informaation of ‘Carnation Instant Breakfast’ to others who haven’t tried. *Yes it is a wonderful nutrition for people like us. *

When I ended up on bed rest in the 8th month of my pregnancy having two attacks. The second attack was bad, which started contractions and my gynecologist thought I’m going to deliver the baby that day itself. They transferred me to another hospital where there are everything necessary for the premature babies. They wanted to try stop contractions and put me on Magnesium Sulphate (if anybody has gone through with this procedure they’ll agree that there is no hell anywhere but right there that moment) for a whole day giving insulin in between as the sugar levels go up. The second day they shifted the medicine to Brethen pump which releases the medication slowly to control the contraction. They sent me home with the Brethen pump and ended up on bed rest. So, the doctors said, the baby is growing normally, active and healthy so you have to keep up with her so that she gains weight and you’ll have a healthy baby. My diet was restricted because of Pancreatitis and gestational diabetes. They suggested me to take Carnation Instant Breakfast one 8 oz of milk at 10am and at 4pm another 80z of same thing.

This helped me so much to feel better. I used to eat healthy food that the dietitian suggested like lot of vegetables especially the orange color vegetables or fruits. My husband used to make vegetable soups, along with cooking healthy meals for me and kids as I was on the bed rest. He really took good care of me. In addition to all this _Carnation Breakfast _worked so well that the baby grew very healthy. Finally I had the healthy baby girl on Jan,5th of 2000, millennium baby. That was the happiest day of our lives. See, if you stick to the good stuff that doctors suggest it works out very well sometimes. I told so many people how I used to drink Carnation Breakfast and how it helped my baby to grow inside. If the baby is healthy when she is born what can we ask more especially when you are scared that she might get Pancreatitis .

We thought the Carnation Instant Breakfast is the reason that I had strength to deliver the baby and the baby was healthy and active because I had Carnation Instant Breakfast. It did us a lot of good. We were so thankful that the doctors suggested for the growth of the baby.

*Thanks a lot to Carnation Breakfast. *

The people who are suffering with Chronic Pancreatitis all of you should try it. If it works out you’ll have some strength and nutrition that our bodies need. Unfortunately it did not work for me after the delivery and later I had lot of procedures and surgeries, I think my whole system has changed and that’s why it’s not tolerating any kind of stuff. Right now I’m on J-tube feedings with little bit snacking like tea and crackers etc.

THANKS FOR SUGGESTING CARNATION BREAKFAST FOR ALL THE FRIENDS ON CARE PLACE.

Hope you are all having pain free day and try to get through the day enjoying the things you all like to do or listen to some kind of music, do some gardening, read good books, just lie down and take a nice nap without worrying anything.

Love to all of you and many hugs.
Durga