Interesting people

Who is the most interesting person you have met this last year?

I met this eldery man at the hospital who had terminal cancer.
He was in a wheel chair. Even though he had a very short time to live he was smiling and had a great outlook on life.
He really inspired me. He said, what he would miss mostly about dying was talking with his friends at the nursing home.
I fell in love with him…

Of course all of my friends on Careplace are very interesting.

THE MOST INTERESTING PERSON I MET WAS MY EX-FATHER IN LAW. HE HAD CONTROL OVER EVERYBODY AND EVERYTHING. NOONE ANSWERED HIM BACK UNTIL I CAME ALONG. HE SAID SOMETHING I DIDN’T LIKE I TELL HIM WHERE TO GO. HE WASN’T USE TO THIS. HE DID RESPECT ME CAUSE I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO WOULD STAND UP TO HIM. HE KNEW THAT. WHEN I GOT DIVORCED WE STILL WENT AT IT AND ALSO WE WERE OK. I WOULD CALL HIM OR HE WOULD CALL ME. THE CONVERSATION ALWAYS STARTED WHATS NEW. IT WAS NEW YORK , NEW JERSEY. AFTER I GOT DIVORCED HE CAME OVER TO MY APARTMENT ALOT. THE DAY BEFORE HE DIED FOR SOME REASON I CALLED AND HE ANSWERED THE PHONE. OUR USUAL CONVERSATION. THE NEXT DAY I GOT A CALL TO MY JOB HE HAD DIED. I MISS HIM TO THIS DAY AND IF HE WAS ALIVE HALF THE GARBAGE THAT HAS GONE ON WITH THAT FAMILY WOULD NOT OF HAPPENED. HE WAS MY EX-MOTHER IN LAWS WHO JUST PASSED AWAY HUSBAND. HE RESPECTED ME AND I RESPECTED HIM. I WISH HE COULD OF SEEN MY SON GROWN UP NOW. HE WOULD BE PROUD.

Her name was Draya. I first met her when I was on the bus going to school. She asked me if she could sit next to me. I said yes, of course. I was rather the shy school nerd, so I was happy for anyone that wasn't a bully to sit there.

On the bus Draya didn't speak she just laid her arm on my shoulder. It wasn't like her, usually she wouldn't stop talking, and part of me wished she would start one of her pointless conversations with a question like: “Which would you prefer: To be eaten alive by ants, or be burnt alive as a witch?”But I was also glad for her silence.

Perhaps I should take the time to describe Draya properly.She was a little shorter than me, which meant she was fairly tall. We became close friend's in 6-7th grade. She had long black hair, that ran wild and free of the torment of any brushes, combs, or shampoo. She was 'interesting' , caring, and fearless. Her skin was dark, almost chocolatey in colour. She always wore frayed denim skirts and a matching vest. Her eyes were yellowish green. Her favorite sort of music was heavy rock, which was strange, because I hated it. One day she wasn't on the bus , and from that day forward I never saw her again. I walked to her house after the 3rd day she wasn't in school and her house was 'empty', no sign of anyone living there. She was a wild hearted girl. And the most interesting person I had ever met.

While we was in school I was teased for being a nerd, I was teased for just about everything.  It was Brian Harrison who started 'teasing' in homeroom and it was the same ol' same .. each and every school day. He always tried making me look stupid and uncool, and invariably succeeded. I was extremely shy. I won't go into the details, but I ended up with a bloody lip and a black eye because of the encounter he started.

My emotion levels had already obviously been running high, I was furious as well as miserable. I missed my friend severely. School was never the same without her.

Draya, I miss you.

That’s so cool Dreen…He sounds a lot like a man I knew years ago. He started coming into the restaurant where I was waitressing and everyone was scared to death of him but me (yeah hard to believe I know, but once upon a time I used to take no crap) and we became very close and my first husband and I ended up caring for him when he died of pancreatic cancer. He will always hold a place in my heart and I thank you for making me remember him today…