Itching/Allergies to drugs

When i was on Chlorpromazine i had a bad itch,when i stopped taking it the itching stopped,i am now on Risperal and having the same thing.

Anybody out there who has had similiar,and if so how many drugs did it take to find one that didn't bring them out in an itch? 

Yes, I’ve had problems with itching when taking certain pain medications.  I’ve had to ask to change a few times and finally got one that helps without all that.  It’s common for doc’s to mix things up a bit before getting a med that suits your needs.  Just ask the doc.  Be well.

Yes I also experience bad itching but I dont think it is related to my meds as I have been on them for 6years and think my itching is related to stress as the itching is only spasmodic not constant.  Im on sodium valproate.

hi my names fizzy iam mood stabilers that have given me a rash on my belly iam taking pirton for now but it is a pain, gets worse when i go to the gym and when i have hot flashes which really dont like ! so i know where your coming from i hope - fizzy

Hi. Thanks for your message. Things have become quite hectic and I may not be able to read my mail as often as I’d like. I hope to be back soon.

Chuck

my meds were recently upped and i’am ITCHY! driving me nuts… oh wait, i already am… hehehe