Just Diagnoised

I was recently diagnoised with bipolar 1. I would just like to talk to people who are just like me. Maybe I will be better prepared to cope with this condition

I had mostly depressive episodes my whole life, then went on prozac for panic attacks and went off of the prozac cold turkey without drs. supervision. Fifteen days later I went into a manic episode on my 31st b.d. and it escalated into psychosis. I have been bipolar since 1991. Good meds, good doctor’s, and good support systems really help. Also knowing your body’s signs well enough to tell if you are becoming hypo-manic so you can call your doc to nip it in the bud, or depressed so you don’t go too low helps.

Welcome doll, I agree with all scruffsmom said. Take each day as it comes and talk to people!! ask about anything that is worring you. Take care

thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. It means a lot to me to have someone to talk to that really understands what I am going through. Please continue to talk to me about this terrible thing. I knew I was depressed and I should have known it was something really serious going on, I just did’t seem to adapt to situations as most people did. I hope to get better soon. I feel that I have lived almost half my life with something wrong. I would like for the meds that the doctor has given me to at least live the second half of my life as normal as possible. I hope that is not too much to ask for.