Lichen Planus Member Introductions

my sister has lichen planus in her mouth and it has caused cancerous cells that have to be removed surgically for the 2nd time. I want to educate myself about this condition.

I have LP, only had it since last October. It is much better now than what it was. I still have some spots here and there and plenty of scarring. I am interested in other people’s ideas on how to deal with this and maybe keep my sanity.

I have lichen planus

I have this condition and it is driving me crazy!!

i have lichen planus , I HAVE HAD IT SINCE 1998 IT IS GETTING WORSE EVRY YEAR. I HAVE BEEN ON EVERY DRUG THEY USE AND NOW I REFUSE TO TAKE ANYTHING BECAUSE IT DOES NOT WORK. I ALSO HAVE HASIMOTO THYRODITIS COULD THIS BE THE PROBLEM. I HAVE BEEN TESTED FOR EVERYTHING ABND IT IS NEGATIVE.

i have lichen planus , I HAVE HAD IT SINCE 1998 IT IS GETTING WORSE EVRY YEAR. I HAVE BEEN ON EVERY DRUG THEY USE AND NOW I REFUSE TO TAKE ANYTHING BECAUSE IT DOES NOT WORK. I ALSO HAVE HASIMOTO THYRODITIS COULD THIS BE THE PROBLEM. I HAVE BEEN TESTED FOR EVERYTHING ABND IT IS NEGATIVE.

After years of pain, my mother was just diagnosed with oral lichen planus. I would like to learn as much as I can about this disease and find out what treatments have worked for people with this same illness. Thank you.

My daughter (41) and her son – my grandson (11) have been diagnosed with lichen planus since ages 16 and 4 respectively. Both have experienced bouts of severe inflammation and lesions. Countless trips to dermatologists have NOT led to a cause or a cure. I’m interested in learning about any successful treatments of lichen planus. Thanks …

Have OLP. Had not known it had other forms. Want to learn all I can

I want to Know If any one has been cured from lichen planus.

I’ve ahd LP for years and at first no Dr knew what I had. I
met a Dr and he was able to help me get releif.

I just got diagnosed with severe oral lichen planus today. I have it on my cheeks, gums, and under my tongue.

I have been diagnosed with Lichen Planus… I am wondering how to expidite the healing of this condition. Please share if you have had sucess with this condition.

Hi my name is Lili…I am a Health Technician for a middle school…I am 35 years old…I had LP about 25 years ago…big big ordeal…especially when no much was known about it… and now its back…My mom is towards the end of her 8 year battle with breast cancer and LP is something that will go away and wont endanger my life, so I am really trying to not let it bother me…but sometimes it does…I have been married to such a wonderfull man for the past 16 years and although it doesnt bother him, sometimes it bothers me, I have it all over my legs, ankles, wrists abdomen and back…I feel a little selfish for worrying about this condition, but I though I would join this group to see if there were any encouraging words…so anyone??

lichen planus (Have had this for over 10 years and have tried everything with no success. Has anyone been able to get rid of this stuff?

I was diagnosed with Lichen Planus. I want to find out what is new in terms of treatment, and what others are saying about what helped them.

Hello! My name is Carrie and I am interested in this condition because I was diagnosed with it in 12/2006. I would like to learn more about this conditon in general. What kind of research has been done and if and when there are any new revolations revolving around this condition…

I am a RN. I think my niece has it.

I am 12 years old, as the nickname applies. It took about 1-1 1/2 months to diagnose, they thought it was Seriousis, they did a hang sergury and removed a peice of it to diagnose with. I’ve had it since Feburary of 2005. I hate it, even though it’s only on my ankles! It was on my arms, eyelid, and scalp. All that went away with speacial ointment cream, but my legs go worse. It bleeds about a handful to a half a handful of blood a day on average! It itches 24-7, anything I put on it burns and so do hot-tubs. The next option was steroids, I’m NOT doing that. Anyone know what I should do? I’m only 12, it’s ruining my life as time goes by.

I have had oral lichen planus for 25 yrs. I recently moved to a coastal area & it has really become severe. I wanted to know of any successes people have had with any medications ect. Has anyone heard of or used tinture of iron. It’s an old medication that was used for mouth ulcers. I have never had the outbreak in my mouth as bad as it is right now. I would like to connect with other people who can relate to the pain & discomfort & frustration of the condition.