Liesielies answer

hi, well i go to my endocrinology and he said if my lytes are off , then i drank too much. fluid can kill patients with di my doc told me that. so most of his patients are on a fluid restriction. i read some notes yesterday and someone said they drink 5 liters cannot believe that due too they could be dead. fluid washes out your soduim and lowering your potasium as well and guess what danger???so stop and think about all the drinking you people do ok??
be very careful ok?? yes i know the ddavp is not working for me i use the spray and spray one a night and still voiding through the nite as well, and so thirsty as well. i will call the doc again tomorrow and see what he says about increaseing the medicine for me and see what he says about the fluid as well. i enjoy reading all of your notes and others as well. i did go for a water depavation test and that was not good either no drink or food for 26 hours lousy for me. answer me back ok??

Hi Kat,
I am the one who is drinking about 5 litres a day. I have DI all my life and my endo tells me to drink as much as I need. Your body tells you how much you need to drink. I should take more of the Minrintablets, but I get terrible headaches when I take a bit more. So that’s why I still drink a lot. My blood is ok, my sodium etc. is ok. You can live without medication when you listen to you body.
So I think it’s dangerous when your body tells you to drink and you don’t, that’s when you get dehydrated!

Kat, I recommend going for a second opinion. from what you post, your endocrinologist doesn’t sound like he is giving you very good advice.

just my opinion