Lupus Member Introductions

I am not the average lupus pt.I am almost 61 and was diaganosed 2 years ago after a lot of trial and error–no one seems to get this disease–friends and co-workers have dropped like flies–only family and not even them sometimes.Also have fibromyalgia-nerve damage from shingles-diabetes-hbp-and am addicted to pain pills.

Hi, my name is Stephanie,
I am 54
I am happily married for32 years this Oct.
I have 1 child and two grandsons
1- sheltie and 4- cats.
I have endometriosis,fibromyalgia,lupus , osteoprosis and IBS
I have my own business, Fluffy Paws Pet Sitting 3 years now.
I hope to learn about these illnesses from you.

Hi my husband thinks he might have lupus. I was just wondering if there’s anyone out there that can tell me what symptoms appeared to them that started them to investigate what might be wrong.

Well first my name is Aubreon im 16yrs old
i was diagnoised with lupus when i was 11yrs old
im still tryin to understand what lupus really is
right now im not as sick as i was when i was diagnoised
but i have been in the hospital several times
ummm…sometimes i just feel really depressed to the point where i wanna die
i have really bad migranes
[i would like to learn more about why studies show lupus makes people like me so depressed]

I have SLE that affects my kidneys. I’m 23 years old a my husband and I will be celebrating our one year wedding anniversary in June 2007. I’ve been on prednisone, tetrycycline (I’m not sure how to spell it), cytoxine, diovan, lotensine and I’m now only on cartia (thank God!) I basically grew up in the sun as a swimmer, water polo player, body surfer and lifeguard. I was diagnosed at 15 and it was a huge life changing experience for me…obviously not for the better. I’ve been blessed enough not to have the butterfly rash and I haven’t had any bad experiences after being in the sun for long periods of time…knock on wood. I am mainly looking for some support on trying to have children. I would like to start having children very soon with my husband and I would love to meet some women who have already been through the experience and can give me some advice and hopefully let me know what to look out for while I’m pregnant and afterwards.

I’m a 38-year-old mother of two girls who was diagnosed with SLE in 2004. I would like to meet others with this same condition.

Need to find a physician to diagnosis my entire
body, decrease my severe pain and help me get
more functional, I also have RA, asthma, kidney
probloms, swollen feet, neuromas both feet. I need
positive support system and see if I can loose any weight or get approval from my insurance for banding since I am 100 pounds overweight. Thanks for your assistance. Suzie Q

I have systemic Lupus

I have lupus and I have been abandoned by my husband and I am in dire need of HELP!!

Hello Everyone~ I was diagnosed with lupus in July 2006 and diagnosed with endometriosis in January 1999…I am looking for anyone to talk to about their experiences…ups and downs…I feel like I have nobody that understands me nor do they know what I’m feeling…It’s just so hard when people look at you like your nuts!!!

ive had lupus since 2000, and had a major flare that year and nearly died. still having a hard time time with it. sont wont to go to a doctor just to have to take more meds, so that it basically it.

I am looking for a teenager support group in the Boston area for teens living with lupus or other chronic disease

I have discoid lupus and would like to talk to others who have it.

i have alupus but i dont have anyone to talk to who really understands

I was diagnosed 10 months ago. I wish to exchange information and ideas with other patients suffering from the same illness. I am interested in treatment plans, alternative options, medication results and comlications. Anything information that shared would benefit other lupus patiets.

I am interested in Lupus because I was recently diagnosed with it. I do not know much about it and really need information. I feel lost and getting very depressed over this.I am looking for any information I can get on this disease.

I have Lupus and Reynauds. I am interested it learning all I can about the various treatments available. I am, what my GP calls “Multi-Pharmacutical”. Sometimes the side effects are as bad as the symptoms.

I am a single mother of 2. I have an 15 year-old daughter and an 8 year-old son. I was diagnosed with SLE (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus) in 1994. Things are going ok.

I have Lupus and want to share my experiences and also gain support and give support.

Three years ago I was diagnosed with SLE. My health issues and complications have been astronomical! I am at a serious crisis in my life with all the different doctors, medications, and continued on set of multiple health problems brought on through lupus. I have a teenage daughter, and two adult sons. This would consist of my support team.