More interest in cleveland clinic!

I ended up having the surgery at the University of Michigan hospital in Ann Arbor, MI and I was thoroughly pleased with how well the surgery went. Not to mention how wonderful absolutely everyone was in the hospital. They took such good care of me!
I had the surgery on Jan 2 and I am already almost completely back to normal… still a little limited in my physical activity and cant drink carbonated beverages (which is a bummer for weekends in a college town. haha). but almost all soreness is completely gone and i am able to start getting in shape for a hiking/canoeing trip i am going on in the beginning of march.

I am really appreciative of all of your recommendations and high praise of Dr. Rice, and I really wanted to go see him. however, doctors appointments began happening so fast and before I knew it I was speaking with a surgeon at U of M and I was really comfortable with him performing the surgery. Plus he got it done in time for me to get back to school without missing a ton of time and not a ton of travel expenses (as compared to cleveland).
I am really happy how it all turned out!

once again, Thank you all sooo much!

I had the heller myotomy in 2/2006 by Dr. Howard Simon in Syracuse, NY. He is a miracle worker as far as I’m concerned! Now 2 years later I’m able to eat whatever I want now and the best part - no throwing up anymore!!! If anyone would like his phone number just let me know. He is out of University Hospital in Syracuse, NY.

I had the surgery with Dr. Rice three years ago and it was wonderful, He and his staff are very caring and thorough. I am ready to see him for my second followup(yearly)

I always call the 1-800-ccf-care and ask fro DrThomas Rices office.Here is e mail also ricet@ccf.org

Tonia

He has always returned my calls asap even when he has been out of town BUT I will say that this week I sent him a email and it took 3 days to get back to me so I dont know what the deal is.Thats usually not him atleast with my experience in the past 2 years.

Hopefully he will call soon.

Tonia