My Success Story

I’m going to try this! What do you think about this

I have also been suffering from this disease
I have not yet tested but am very sure I have TMAU.What is worst is that I am in Ghana where our weather is almost always hot.It has affected my chest (respiratory part)and also my smell(cannot fully smell things)Please advice me
Not withstanding when I take in a lot of water and activated charcoal,I can feel freshness within me.

1 Like

Good day everyone! I truly want to thank all you brave and courageous people for coming on the forum and sharing your story. I thank you! I can truly relate to all of your stories one way or another. I believe I too suffer from trimethylaminuria disorder. After thinking about it this disorder was slowly making it’s debut in my life. I’ve noticed more after 911 I was in my 30’s at the time with all the stress. I was thinking it was more of me needing to cleanse my system out. And also account to my age how my sweat smelled different underarms private area. And it would leave a scent in my clothing and my bed when I sweated at night. After hitting my 40’s the odor was strong especially like cat urine in my private area. I convinced myself it was due to stress. By 47yr of age my BO went into order drive smelling fishy , metal, garbage and cat urine. A lot of stress and not being able to handle it. Now I still believe stress was the problem but when people tell me I smell not fresh and smelling like a urinal when it was hot was not good. The urinal I could smell but the fishy scent was not noticeable often. This is soooo hard to say. I was stressed, anxious, paranoid and depressed. I worked for UPS for a year and half just before the pandemic hit.
I took every blood test and urine analysis results were fine. I explained some of my symptoms with the doctor and he said like family said your fine. Do anyone know how humiliating that is? I understand they are sparing your feeling but when others aren’t as polite it’s a blow to who you are as a person. You know you wash and clean yourself everyday but people don’t see that they just react to how they feel.
I thank you again. I just found out about trimethylinuria two days ago. I was happy I found the answer to my problem but was troubled there was no cure. That’s upsetting to hear. But I’m in the process of trying some herbal supplements and making diet changes to see things go. I will try a couple of other things that are listed. I happy to hear I’m not alone.

1 Like

Good evening. it’s been over thirty years for me that I have had issues with BO. I don’t have enough time to speak on all the humiliating things I went through, not being aware of the odor. it’s shameful and I was miserable. I know for sure egg yolks, asparagus any food with lots of sulfur you have to stay away from. High level choline foods. look those up. I emitted similar smells as you reported fishy, garbage, putrid smells. I was always stressed since I was always worried that I had a bad odor, so nearly everyday it was an issue. My family didn’t smell what others smelled but I was bathing as soon as I could to avoid it. No one came to me and nicely explained that I had an issue but boy would I hear remarks. I’m a heavy sweater so it was awful. I visited a dermatologist and he recommended antibacteria soaps and hibiclens but you cannot use hibiclens in your private area. I learned to keep hair shaved from underarms/private as much as possible since that is where most sweating will occur. I say all this to say keep reading about what can be done as far as conservative measures you have to find out what works for you personally, see if you can obtain help from a dermatologist. it’s no different now for me I just happened to be able to work at home. All medicines I am prescribed for other medical issues including insulin doesn’t help either. It can make you depressed cause others who smell you figure you don’t bathe and that’s the farthest from the truth. i used to come home on lunch break and take a shower then rush back to work. Try to buy clothes same style/colors cause Adults can be as cruel as children who don’t understand tact. But I But know eventhough this is humiliating - it won’t always be. Whether they find a cure, way to be sustained and control the issue no matter what one day God will take all illnesses emotional/physical away. I have to say that from my heart. No one understands unless they experience this. I do appreciate those who are loving enough to allow me to be in their presence knowing I smell bad. I just have to find the good in it since I can’t stop this horrible thing. Keep your spirits up if you are a praying person please do so asking for peace of mind. Do extra body cleansing so you know you did all you can. I was glad when I learned of this site also. no you are not alone at all. you are loved. may God grant you peace of mind and help with finding answers.

1 Like

I just wish every human on the planet gets this condition so they can get ejected from their prejudiced ignorant bubbles. People can be mean but the best thing you can do with all that pain is to be indifferent dont confront it. Also isolation is better than toxic social interractions. The weird thing about this thing is family cant smell you also you cant smell yourself I guess maybe they are accustomed to the smell without even knowing…so you definately want to cherish that. I know we are social beings as a species but I think its time to look at isolation with a positive lens. Social interraction is honestly overrated and our bodies just tricks us with dopamine to interract so we can continue passing our genes. We are the smartest beings on the planet and we should use our brains to break norms. If you still need to meet and talk to people then do it with a fake confidence and dont break character. Also just understand we’ll all be 6 feet under soon so dont let anything or anyone put you down. Just live life as is and move on to the next thing after this. TMAU is going to stay with your rotting body in the grave like all the other diseases and youll probably have a normal after life …I feel like Im writing this to myself but I think we the same person since we on the same boat and all.

Ps: Dont kill yourself its a pussy move

Cheers

1 Like

I am so sorry to hear you are thinking of dying. Judgement from others is so difficult, and unwarranted. We all know how hard we work to ensure we are doing every thing we can to get rid of the smell. I just found out about this disease about 6 months ago. Here is what i have done. I have been a vegetarian for 30 years. Also, I take liquid chlorophyll, activated charcoal, probiotics, , vitamin B12, and active cultered yogurt in the morning. Does all this help? Hope so. Don’t do anything where you sweat in public. 3 types of deodorants, antbiotic soaps, scrub sponges, and finish with an acidic soap. I have ordered a gadget from Amazonto measure for halitosis. It won’t be here til the end of January. I will keep you posted. I had a horrible episode a few years ago at a meeting where a strong burst of rotten smell exploded. I knew it because people kept giving me dirty looks and walking away from me. Never went back to the club. I want to know if there is a gadget to pick up bad smells from my body. If anyone knows plese let us know. This is about the worst personal problem anyone can have. we don’t even know how bad we smell.

1 Like

When you say you can smell yourself, I am puzzled. My body odors have been with me so long, I can’t smell myself. Do you have someone close to you who tells you if they can smell you?

My family can. And because I’ve had covid and lost my smell for 2 weeks. I gained my smell back just recently and I now can smell it but I’m sure I’ll become immune to it again over time.

My Dear Kristen,
How could you steal all the thoughts that I do have in my mind!!
Kristie, I have been going through all these things that u had carried through.
Yes I am living here in South Asia, but people have the same thinking the way they treated u over there.
I felt so sorry for you, but same time I am feeling warm that, some more people also resides in the world as well…
Thank you dear for sharing your stories.
Kristie, I wana diagnose myself as well. I need to have a stand that I have rich personal hygiene than anyone in the world. I possibly did everything I could do. Even I left meat, fish, bean, milk, cofee, coke and all bull shits like those. Now I wana diagnose myself. help me out by providing some information that where should I contact for a TMAU test.

It would be best If I could manage to talk u over whatsapp for 10 mins. I need it buddy. I am 43 now. I need to diagnose myself before I die. Help me out Kristee.

Regards,
MASS

Thanks for sharing your story…I was diagnosed with TMAU over 12 years ago and I suffered quite badly from it. I now have no symptoms at all. I avoid fish, eggs and soya products. I also have a good quality B2 100mg tablet with every meal, I take one ImmuProbio (50 Billion) every morning on an empty stomach. If I eat a risky meal I take 6 Braggs activated charcoal. I use a PH 5.5 shower gel and shampoo. I have yearly TMAU tests, my first test result were 5 times the reference range , after a few months of a diet change and supplements my test results were way below the reference range…I wish you all well…stay strong!
TMAU|690x354

thewiseowl

thanks so much for this encouragement. We see there is definitely hope. so glad to hear your story, Hope you continue to have success in managing the condition.

Hi man, do you know wich kind of genetic variant you carried?
I mean, there is not only one genetic variant of the FM03 gene that caused tmau, but at today are found almost 100 variant of these gene. My variant is called “v257m”

i would like to know wich variant every people in this forum carri, so we can compare our story.

thank you, sorry for my english

Hi, do you know wich kind of genetic variant you carried?
I mean, there is not only one genetic variant of the FM03 gene that caused tmau, but at today are found almost 100 variant of these gene. My variant is called “v257m”

i would like to know wich variant every people in this forum carried, so we can compare our story.

thank you, sorry for my english

Where do you purchase this tmau lotion