Pancreatitis Member Introductions

I have been living with chronic pancreatitis for 13 years. I would be interested to hear how others are able to control their discomfort and avoid attacks of acute pancreatitis.

Researching for a loved one with chronic pancreatitis who has other medical issues also.

I have had the pain for years, treated for IBS for 6 years.

I am a 13-year chronic pancreatitis sufferer. My journey began in 1994 until I had a straight Whipple in May, 1995. I spent 10 months in hospital and was given a 1 in 10,000 chance to live. I am now bedridden due to this disease and many complications (diabetes, extreme permanent vertigo, chronic nausea and others).

I have a 10 year old son who has Hereditary Pancreatitis. He is doing very well, actually, but would love to “meet” others like him. It’s a tough diet for a kid to stick to!!

I am suffering from this terrible disease and I want more information on it and how others are coping with it and what types of medications they are taking and if they have had any surgeries or tests to allievate the condition. I’d like to talk to people who are near my home in NJ

I was diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis in Aug 03 and am insulin dependent because my pancreas is partly calcified.

I am soon to retire from teaching. I am 61. My interests are music, films, books and travel. I have hereditary pancreatitis and have lived with this condition since I was five years old! My mother died of acute pancreatitis in 1965 after several years severe illness with chronic pancreatitis. It means a lot to me to be able to communicate with others who have the disease, to support them and to learn from them. I also like to keep up with developments in available treatments. I am a patient at the Rpyal Liverpool University Hospital.

I have been dealing with pancreatitis for the last year and a half. Since I have not been able to eat I have also been on IV nutrition. A couple of weeks ago they put in a j-tube which I have not been able to use because I get extremely nauseous when I do - which nobody understands. If anybody has any information about j-tubes or anything else concerning pancreatitis and long term IV nutrition please let me know - THANKS

I am happily married for 21 years to a wonderful man. I have two beautiful daughters who have grown into two incredible women. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I value relationships, they are more precious than gold. I am a free spirit and a very Old Soul.

I have been married 22 years, have four sons . I enjoy reading, going to the ocean, some crocheting. I drove Special Needs kids for ten years until I go sick and told it was unwise for me to continue driving in case of the possiblity of having an attack.

I am 36 years old. My husband of ten years has hereditary pancreatitis. Our two children ages 5 and 8 also have hereditary pancreatitis. We have various relatives also living with the condition. While my son has not been hospitalized my daughter has a number of times.

I survived a 1 in 100 chance of survival with acute pancreatitis. I was in a coma for 2 months, in ICU for 100 days and in the hospital for 25 weeks. This disease took a chunk out of my life, but on the other end, I came out a better person because I am proof that miracles happen. My family was awesome and rallied to me. I wrote a short book of my experiences before, during and after. I have it as a .pdf version that can be emailed ( 5mb ) too. I’ve had 12 surgeries as a result and am left as a type 1 diabetic with no pancreas, gall bladder or much of a spleen. I am definitely bless and know that my life may be about sharing my blessing with others.

My Daughter has Chronic Familial Pancreatitis

Hello everyone. I have crontic and often acute pancreatitis. Mr Pancreas and I have been co-existing for more than 12 quantifying years, and who knows how long before that. We deal with life together simply, and with little to no drugs. More another day. CDS

I was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis in January. I am just now beginning back at work. I was also pregnant at the time and lost the baby. I’d love to talk with others who may have been pregnant or have had children since being diagnosed.

I am 22 years old and i have been living with pancreatitis for 11 years.It has been very,very hard for me.I stay sick all the time.I can’t do anything I want to do for fear of getting sick.Noone understands what is like to have this sickness.And I have noone to talk to about it because they don’t know and that makes me all alone.Please someone write me and talk to me about my pancreatitis.I could use the help.Life is hard being sick.

I am interested in discussing treatment options, the effect this condition has had on others and their family/friends, learning about improving the “quality of life” each individual has and sharing my personal experiences with interested people.

Female Professional 42 years old.
two childreb - ages 7 and 9
very supportive family but professionally my employer is tired of my being sick and in pain
just had my ERCP and sphincterotomy with duct placement. I would like to connect with others living with this and find recommendations for daily diet and pain relief.

every day the list grows, so many ppl with this awful disease, mine was due to stones in the bile ducts which blocked the pancreas , i thought by removal of the stones that everything would return to normal and i would get on with my life . hmmmm i was wrong. that was only the beginning little did i kno. i dont have much to share with anyone but if anyone needs some1 to lend an ear i am here. i hope that ech of u find relief and solace in the near future my prayers are with you all.     

nancy