Sleep Apnea Member Introductions

I am 55 yr old severely overweight white woman trying to bring some balance and health into my life with the help of God and any friends in my life.

I was diagnoised with sleep apnea over a year now, am compliant with cpap.

I have sleep apnea and started treatment 15 months ago.
I’m 56 years old. Still tired all the time but I won’t take the drugs they have tried to get me to use :slight_smile: Still looking for natural solutions instead.

70 years old, sleep apnea for five years.

70 years old, sleep apnea for five years.

I’m a mom of 2 kids with ADHD and Bipolar Disorder…a boy, age 13 and a girl, age 10. I have sleep apnea, asthma, diabetes, numerous hospitalizations and was on a ventilator twice within one month for respiratory failure…December 8 and again January 8. I have recently switched pulmonologists, as my former doc’s answer to me was “take your inhaler every 20 minutes over 2 hours” before getting help", not to mention his refusal to order a second sleep study and CPAP machine, as recommended by the sleep study technicians.

I’m a mom of 2 kids with ADHD and Bipolar Disorder…a boy, age 13 and a girl, age 10. I have sleep apnea, asthma, diabetes, numerous hospitalizations and was on a ventilator twice within one month for respiratory failure…December 8 and again January 8. I have recently switched pulmonologists, as my former doc’s answer to me was “take your inhaler every 20 minutes over 2 hours” before getting help", not to mention his refusal to order a second sleep study and CPAP machine, as recommended by the sleep study technicians.

Newly diagnosed, Feb 16th, 2nd night of sleep study, and STILL waiting for insurance/DME to get it together to get my cpap…

I have sleep apnea and an arachnoid cyst. I also run an Arachnoid Cyst Group in Yahoo!.

I have sleep apnea and an arachnoid cyst. I also run an Arachnoid Cyst Group in Yahoo!.

I am a 25 year old woman trapped in a 51 year old body! Let me out! lol

I was diagnosed with CSA about 2 years ago but suspect I had it as a wee lass.

I am a nurse and acupunctuist. I love travel, dining out, cooking, horseback riding, hiking, adventure. It is easy to make me happy with flowers and thoughtfulness, animals and the great outdoors. A hot dog at Fenway park dripping with mustard, relish, and onions sends me straight to Bliss

Right now I am single because I am holding out for just the right guy. Hopefully he wont mind a bright, funny, warm, loving female who wears a full face mask at night. lol

Life is good. Look foward to getting to know you all. Lisa

I’m been living with Sleep Apnea for about 8 years now. Even with a CPAP, my quality of life isn’t what it could be. Would love to connect with others in my shoes and perhaps learn from and share with others.

First Dx with OSA in 1992 and went on CPAP. STill suffered extreme tiredness. I now have found out that I also have ‘alpha intrusion’ and apparently they still don’t have any treatment for this. When I sleep, my OSA is solved by CPAP but I don’t get into deep restoritive sleep because of alpha intrusion.
I can’t stand DME providers; I feel they are ripoff artists.

Hi, I was invited to join. Look forward to learning about a various of health concerns.

I have sleep apnea, and I use a bi-pap.

Hi, glad to be here, many health issues–more to follow…

I have a combination of diseases that have me on a Cpap. I just need a support group.
Changing one’s life style is depressing. I would like to connect with people with my problems. Thanks for the invitation. Indylady

I have sleep apnea and use an apap with Swift nasal pillows. DHughes invited me over.

I was diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea in 1995 and treated with CPAP. I later had nose and throat surgery which didn’t cure the apneas, but enabled lower CPAP pressures. I 2004 I had another sleep study and found I had central sleep apnea. In 2006 I started using a VPAP which has helped. I wonder how long the VPAP will be effective. I think the next step is supplemental oxygen.