Spinal Stenosis Member Introductions

I was diagnosed with Spinal Stenois last Sept. At the time I was told I was not a candidate for sugery and my only option was injections. I had my first injection last week and it has helped me some. I would like to hear from other people diagnosed with the same condition who have also had injections and or surgery. I am a 55 year old retired male.

I was born with and suffering from Spinal Stenosis. I have had 3 major spine surgeries due to this condition.

I have has SS since 1992 which has led to many problems

I have spinal stenosis of the lumbar, sacral, coccyx and cervical among MANY other disabling conditions. I am wheelchair bound, due in part to the stenosis, but also to RA, OA, MS, etc.

I am suffering with severe spinal stenosis and would like to hear from others so we can support and share information with each other. Mary

ok I guess I was in the wrong room so here goes. I have been diagnoed since the beginning of December with Herniated disc-old injury, spinal stenosis, scoliosis, and sciatica on the left side. On the right I have a hip that has arthritis. I had 3 pain managements shots fora very painful sciatica and the last one in early Jan. worked. I have been doing physical therapy until now. I am now done with the PT and trying some exercises.

I want to learn more about all my possibilities at this point since the sciatica has come back but not as badly as it was. I am interested in the minimal surgery operation to romove the bone spurs but last week has a orthopedic spine doctor tell me that I should not do it because of the 25 degree scoliosis which it will make worse. I have been reading about xstop, spinal decompression, more epidurals, or just possibly more exercise and massage therapy.
I have lost in the past month all the doctors who were treating me except the pain management doctor. I do not have an orthopedic doctor or a PT who I loved to help. I have been reading that I should look for a sports medicine orthopedic spine doctor. Please help I am a active68 years old and live in Fort Lauderdale and of course I am on Medicare.

I need back surgery due to loss of strength in both legs.
[1] What options are there for lumbar spinal stenosis besides removal of three spinous processes (laminoscopy)? Does the minimally invasive (half-inch hole/laser/arthroscopy) method really work for a large area of the spine?
[2] If I submit to removing part of my spine, what is the typical recovery time and what are the long-term effects of no longer having muscles attached to bone?
[3] What is your recommendation and what should I avoid?

Haven’t talked to the neural surgeon yet, but it looks like I’ll be going under the knife. Not sure I want to do that.

My husband is in agony with back pain, I would like to know how others cope.

My husband has severe spinal stenosis, which the doctors just advised us will require surgery. My husband is 30 years old and has been suffering with severe chronic pain associated with central and lateral stenosis for the past six years. He was diagnosed with “Juvenile Discogenic Disease.”

I am living with this symptoms and getting injections for it and also i am a trash neck one of the rarest on earth so I would like to find out if their is anyone out there that have what i have…maybe we can help each other

I have been diagnosed with herniated discs and stenosis of the cervical spine. I am 51 and a dance intructor and live in constant pain. I am interested in success stories from people who share this condition and have had treatments that have promoted getting back to a normal life.

Hi! After a couple of years dealing with pain and other symptoms, I now know I have cervical spinal stenosis. I would like to exchange questions about symptoms and other related problems, and hopefully, find some answers! Looking forward to exchanging info! Cindy

I have a scheduled procedure for a decompression laminectomy.
Is there anyone who can share their experiences?
Thanks,
Scott

I have been living with chronic pain for the past 3 years, due to multiple back problems. I would just like to talk to others who have similar conditions…Thank you.

I have had spinal stinosis, and am being treated for it,
also know Iam a case that cannot be cured,but maybe helped…(?)

I have had back surgery ,within the past year .I had a bulging disk that pinched a nerve.I would like to know if anyone else has experienced numbness in their leg or legs,or if they have any problems with swelling in their legs or ankles.

Hi
My name is Lois Bordner. I was just diagonosed with Spinal Stenosis. Before I knew I had it, I had so much pain, I just cried. I went for PT for 6 weeks, I had two injections in my back for the pain. When the weather is bad, I feel it in my lower back. The pain gets so bad, I just cry. My left leg hurts me. I need a support group to help me get through this. I am only 57, on July 14, I will be 58, I want to have something done, so I don’t have to have this pain anymore.
I like to work in my yard, but I can’t do that anymore, because I get too much pain in my lower back.

I have Spinal Stenosis and I’m looking for anyone who has had a procedure called x-stop and how it worked for them and if their insurance paid any part of it.

I have been disnosed with Spinal Stenosis last year in Nov. I did two epidules witch helped with the spasm down my legs but not in my lower back. I was told by my Pain Management Doctor then I needed a spinal fusion he told me that on the first visit. I went to the sugeon only he felt I had a nerve problem and sent me to a different doctor by the time all that was done, my std was over and he wanted to do sugery since it did not work. I could’nt do the sugery and tried to go back to work only I am a CNA and they said it would be too much on my back and that it could go out and then I would have to do the sugery so let’s say they did a woopy on me now I am in Envivorment services as a re-hire and everything is per-exsiting now. I need some help and advise how to keep my muscles limber as possible and keep from having too much pain and not kill myself on the job. Any advise please is welcomed!